Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Here

Oliver

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Well I'm new here and to owning guinea pigs as well. I'm a little skeptical now that I am here and reading some of the Threads... Some of the people here are a little extreme and pushy... I'm going to give this site the benefit of the doubt tho because I need advice on some stuff. I just hope I won't be bashed just for saying my opinions. Well I have two guinea pigs, boy and girl. Boy is fixed. And I am glad to have him fixed cause everyone seems deadly when they're not and paired with a female. I might be new to guinea pigs and such and I might even need a little help at times but I'm not completely ignorant either. I studied up on these creatures before I decided to adopt some. Well I hope I have a good experience here. So hello.

sofieguineapigs

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Thanks for joining our community:)
I know some people seem pushy but actually they're worried for you and the guineas, so let's say 'it's the thought that counts'! I hope you can find any info you need here, and I'll gladly help you with anything. If you want, you can friend me! Go ahead to my profile, find the link that says 'friend'.
Well, again, welcome and I hope you find our community a helpful one!

Oliver

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Welcome! Thanks for joining our community:)
I know some people seem pushy but actually they're worried for you and the guineas, so let's say 'it's the thought that counts'! I hope you can find any info you need here, and I'll gladly help you with anything. If you want, you can friend me! Go ahead to my profile, find the link that says 'friend'.
Well, again, welcome and I hope you find our community a helpful one!
Why thank you. Lol. I know that a lot of these people are just worried and have good intentions but I feel bad for the people they kinda attack, for lack of better words. I'll assume its the thought but I just think it would be nicer for everyone to just be happy and not pushy. Lol. But I'll friend you. Lol.

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
Welcome to the forum! Dittoing sofieguineapigs, we may come across as "attacking" or "bashing" sometimes, though we just care deeply for our pets. If you need any help you can start a thread or ask here. :)

Oliver

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Lol. Thank you. I still stand by what I say but I hope it won't happen to me here. Everyone so far has been nice to me. Lol.

sofieguineapigs

Cavy Slave
Why thank you. Lol. I know that a lot of these people are just worried and have good intentions but I feel bad for the people they kinda attack, for lack of better words. I'll assume its the thought but I just think it would be nicer for everyone to just be happy and not pushy. Lol. But I'll friend you. Lol.
Yeah I do feel the same way, but we can't really tell the people what to do. The forums already giving tips haha. Thanks anyways!

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I would love to see some pigtures of your cute pair. Sometimes some of the members seem a little pushy, it's just because we all are cavy crazy. As someone who knows a lot of people on the forum, I can tell you that everyone here is lovely. If you have any questions, always feel free to ask, that's what we are all here for :)

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome! Nala, Pumpkin, Sarabi, and I send you our personal welcomings! Go ahead and make some threads! We don't bite! :)

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
welcome to the forum! you have a neutered piggy so you're not about to get bashed anytime XD i definitely know what you mean about the bashing, but don't let that keep you from asking important questions you might have about your piggies :)

bibliocavy

Cavy Slave
Hi there, Oliver. Interesting name, as one of my piggies is called Oliver. Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about stating your feelings on here. I've found most people here to be open minded and informative. I too would love to see pictures of your piggies. What are their names?

Oliver

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Hi there, Oliver. Interesting name, as one of my piggies is called Oliver. Welcome to the forum. Don't worry about stating your feelings on here. I've found most people here to be open minded and informative. I too would love to see pictures of your piggies. What are their names?
Geez Im named after a guinea pig. lol. My female is named Twixy Cleopatra and Little Bit. I usually dont post pictures but if people continue being this nice i might consider it. lol. sorry just like being safe. and it would be less personal somehow if I do get bashed. Lol.

Oliver

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
welcome to the forum! you have a neutered piggy so you're not about to get bashed anytime XD i definitely know what you mean about the bashing, but don't let that keep you from asking important questions you might have about your piggies :)
Somehow I doubt I will have problems with getting questions answered. But advice is different from being a plain jerk about it. Lol. Sadly I saw a lot of the jerk side of this site last night. Lol. Its like people trying to tell others how to raise their kids.

HannibalLecter

Cavy Slave
Welcome!
Usually the only time people are very straightforward is when it comes to inappropriate care & danger to the animals, I haven't seen any nastiness in a while. But as always, it's a forum & it's hard to communicate in writing sometimes.

If you see anything inappropriate, report it. Just click on the triangle under the post.

Oliver

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Welcome!
Usually the only time people are very straightforward is when it comes to inappropriate care & danger to the animals, I haven't seen any nastiness in a while.
But as always, it's a forum & it's hard to communicate in writing sometimes.
Even though its a forum you can still be either 1.) polite about it... or 2.) Just leave it be unless it is honest to god straight up animal abuse. A lot of the people here who get attacked don't even do anything wrong... Educating them I get... but that's not educating. I just keep seeing it here. And i've shown this site to other people to ask their option on it. They say it's attacking too. So I might ask questions and stuff but I'm not really up to having people get to know my pets on an emotional level as I do. Lol. Nothing has personally happened to me and so far my experience here has been good but I really hate seeing what is said to the others who aren't so lucky. Kinda sad that we can't be civil. Anyways I'm done ranting. Thanks for the welcome! :)

Varcoda

Cavy Slave
aww, you must've really picked the special threads! generally people here are very nice and polite though :) don't let those threads make a bad impression

Oliver

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
aww, you must've really picked the special threads! generally people here are very nice and polite though :) don't let those threads make a bad impression
Lol. I can help but imagine what sort of welcome I would get if my pet wasn't neutered. You would all probably not be this nice to me and kill me on the spot. Lol. Or push beliefs. Thank god he is tho. I'm a nice guy and all but I'm not up for the challenge of telling people you are stepping out of bound here. Lol. I hope my own experience stays nice here.

bibliocavy

Cavy Slave
LOL. I've always loved the name Oliver. It is a very old English name, and I love history. My piggie Oliver is an Abyssinian. He's been with me for almost two months now.

Oliver

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
My mom seemed to think Oliver was pretty. -.- I don't know the differences in breeds for guinea pigs. So far there is short hair and long hair and the cowlicks. o_O

addictivejuliet

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
@Oliver: Welcome to the forum!
People are generally lovely and helpful here, sometimes some people are a little bit too pushy but that's usually because they want the best for piggies!
I hope you feel welcome and feel free to ask us questions and we'll all help in any way we can!
I'd love to see pictures of your piggies :D

bibliocavy

Cavy Slave
Ok, well, Oliver has the cowlicks. :D I have many pictures of him and his buddy, Colian, in my profile gallery.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.