Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello!

grsellitti

Cavy Slave
My name is Greg and I mainly signed up for this forum to get ideas for anything guinea pig related, to offer my knowledge if possible, and to request advice if needed! I'm hoping to be an active member :D I have two guinea pigs:

I purchased Hamilton back in April and he is currently 8 months old!
IMG_2986.jpg

Hamilton became lonely so I got him a friend, Grayson who is only 3 months old!
IMG_2985.jpg

These guys quickly became best buds. :)
IMG_2944.jpg

Here is where they live (sorry for the mess.. I cleaned it shortly after :p)
IMG_2987.jpg

More info on my page! I'm glad to be a part of this website and I'm hoping to make some good impressions! :D

Lisa21264

Cavy Slave
Your piggies are so cute! Welcome to the forum.

RodentCuddles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome! :)

Just a word of advice, when boars reach puberty they can sometimes get into scraps and fights. Are you planning on making the cage bigger? For 2 boars I recommended at least a 2x5 to be on the safe side. A few members on here have had boars that were the best of buds until one hit puberty and then a big cage was a huge help.

You're boys are very cute! :)

grsellitti

Cavy Slave
Your piggies are so cute! Welcome to the forum.

Thanks so much! :D

Welcome! :)

Just a word of advice, when boars reach puberty they can sometimes get into scraps and fights. Are you planning on making the cage bigger? For 2 boars I recommended at least a 2x5 to be on the safe side. A few members on here have had boars that were the best of buds until one hit puberty and then a big cage was a huge help.

You're boys are very cute! :)

Yeah I actually read up on that. I plan on getting a table and then removing the cover of the cage to expand the grids into a 2x5. Just a matter of making room around the house :p. Thanks a lot! :D

Carissa6729

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! Your boys are adorable!

As a suggestion as well, I'd recommend either getting rid of the pigloos or cutting another hole in them. This will keep one from trapping the other in the pigloo. You are definitely off to the right start! :)

GizzyandMe

Cavy Slave
Ooo They sure are cute!! I love how Grayson seems to have black nail polish on his one paw! hehehe Very cute and congratulations and welcome to the world of slavery!! As for the mess in the cage....good luck with trying to keep it clean for a photo! You can put in fresh fleece and turn around to pick up the camera and WA-LA 10 new poops!!

deardulcie

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your boys are very handsome. I agree about the more space...I just put in a 2x4 with a 2x2 loft for my 3 girls. They kind of take over....

suzilovespiggie

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your boys are very handsome! Great pics.
You will find all the info you will need here for the very best for your boys. We really do have a great community here. Feel free to ask any questions who have. We are here for you and your piggies. Looking foward to sharing with you.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Love the pigtures. They're very handsome boys.

grsellitti

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome! Your boys are adorable!

As a suggestion as well, I'd recommend either getting rid of the pigloos or cutting another hole in them. This will keep one from trapping the other in the pigloo. You are definitely off to the right start! :)

They both seem to keep their own igloo but I'll try that out! Thank you! :D

Ooo They sure are cute!! I love how Grayson seems to have black nail polish on his one paw! hehehe Very cute and congratulations and welcome to the world of slavery!! As for the mess in the cage....good luck with trying to keep it clean for a photo! You can put in fresh fleece and turn around to pick up the camera and WA-LA 10 new poops!!

Haha; I plan on getting a new cage soon and when I do I will take a pristine picture. ;D Thanks!

Welcome! Your boys are very handsome. I agree about the more space...I just put in a 2x4 with a 2x2 loft for my 3 girls. They kind of take over....

Thank you! Yeah I definitely plan to upgrade very soon!

Welcome! Your boys are very handsome! Great pics.
You will find all the info you will need here for the very best for your boys. We really do have a great community here. Feel free to ask any questions who have. We are here for you and your piggies. Looking foward to sharing with you.

Love the pigtures. They're very handsome boys.

I love the picture of them together. They're very cute! :)

Thank you all! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.