Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sexing 3 week old baby (Help!)

Daisy_13

Cavy Gazer
Hi,

I'm a new member and wasn't aware of the problems with buying guinea pigs from pet stores until we realized one of the two sisters we bought was pregnant (males and females all together in cage). Luckily, mom just had one baby, who's 3 weeks old in a few days. Would really appreciate any help with sexing the baby. We will keep him or her either way, but don't want any more pregnancies! I've studied online photos and have tried to gently push as recommended but haven't been able to see a penis. Thank you for your help!

DSC_0022.jpgDSC_0019.jpgDSC_0023.jpgDSC_0018.jpg

Soecara

Cavy Slave
That pup definitely looks like a girl.

Daisy_13

Cavy Gazer
Hi,

I'm a new member and wasn't aware of the problems with buying guinea pigs from pet stores until we realized one of the two sisters we bought was pregnant (males and females all together in cage). Luckily, mom just had one baby, who's 3 weeks old in a few days. Would really appreciate any help with sexing the baby. We will keep him or her either way, but don't want any more pregnancies! I've studied online photos and have tried to gently push as recommended but haven't been able to see a penis. Thank you for your help!

View attachment 83807View attachment 83808View attachment 83809View attachment 83810

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.