Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet Two adults and one baby. Should I buy adult or baby pellets?

Rybo5000

Cavy Slave
As per title, I have two adult guinea pigs and a baby, should I be giving them the baby pellets or adult ones?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Give the baby the timothy pellets, and take the baby out of the cage for a sprig or two of parsley every day. When s/he's six months old, stop the parsley.

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
Agreed, adult pellets and add in extra calcium some otHer way, like parsley or alfalfa.

Rybo5000

Cavy Slave
Give the baby the timothy pellets, and take the baby out of the cage for a sprig or two of parsley every day. When s/he's six months old, stop the parsley.

Oh well now you have me worried, I give all of them parsley fairly often (roughly once a week), should I not be doing that?

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
I give parsley on occasion, it's not harmful it just has a lot of C in it. I don't think a sprig once a week is going to do any harm. But you could try cilantro instead for a more common treat.

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
@HollyLeaf, the problem isn't lots of vitamin C, it's that it has a lot of Calcium. Calcium and Vitamin C are two very different things.

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
@HollyLeaf, the problem isn't lots of vitamin C, it's that it has a lot of Calcium. Calcium and Vitamin C are two very different things.

Ugh, good lord I'm an idiot. Forgive me. Not the first time I've mixed things up. :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.