Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Why not to get a guinea pig! Really!!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
And their teeth growing together?? Like if you give them lots of hay and maybe some safe stuff to chew on.

Actually wood chews and chew toys don't do anything for their teeth its the silica in long strand hay contains.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
And their teeth growing together?? Like if you give them lots of hay and maybe some safe stuff to chew on.

Actually wood chews and chew toys don't do anything for their teeth its the silica in long strand hay contains.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Sorry for the double post

Portal_Corgi

Cavy Slave
"Loud noises scare them" uuuuhh yeah loud noises scare me sometimes. I get it, it's cool.

also she adopted the albino pig knowing it had special needs??? if you can't say no to your daughter and you resent having to take care of a creature that YOU adopted, then I have no sympathy for your vet bills.

Yeah, it sounds like she definitely didn't do her research. Guinea pigs are prey animals and will run to the nearest hidey when frightened, at least mine does unless the scary thing is accompanied by the sound of a crinkly bag of treats :rolleyes:. Also any animal (human or otherwise) with special needs is probably going to end up with huge medical bills at some point, not just guinea pigs. It also sounds like she kept the guinea pigs outside in a hutch so of course they're going to be more "feral" because no one was probably around them much, especially when the weather was bad. They were also more likely to get sick and die just like any other animal because they were exposed to the elements 24/7 and possibly no one paid enough attention to them to realize they were getting sick in the first place.

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
UGH. Of all the nasty things to say, "They're only good for being lab animals!" I will admit that she listed some points that prospective guinea pig owners should know about, but really! I guess some people have all the time in the world to be nasty.

P.S.
If she knew that the albino pig (poor creature!) had special needs, then why, for Heaven's sake, did she buy it?
Also, if you can't say no to your children, that's a recipe for disaster.

AddysPiggies

Cavy Slave
This woman is sooo rude! I mean she DOES make a FEW points but how DARE you call them " good for nothing except being lab animals! SO FRICKING RUDE! Absurd! I know I'm only 14 and those are some sophisticated words but it the truth!!!!! So pissed

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.