Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets I'm disgusted

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
After hearing good things about Dr. fosters and Smith I am repulsed by this.

Like seriously!?!?!? To bad their hay is cheap enough to afford but it's just sad that they advertise this

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1422433996176.jpg
Bunch of filler to save them money.

Just because they offer it doesn't mean someone has to buy it. Supply and demand will determine whether they keep selling it. That's why it's important to be an educate consumer.

Just because they offer it doesn't mean someone has to buy it. Supply and demand will determine whether they keep selling it. That's why it's important to be an educate consumer.
Yeah but after hearing such good reviews I was just a little disappointed I guess...

Its like being down the small pet aisle and you see people buying this sort of food, salt wheels and cedar bedding.

Its like being down the small pet aisle and you see people buying this sort of food, salt wheels and cedar bedding.
I avoid pet shops. Can't handle it. I literally almost screamed at them one time. I'm pretty sure that was the only time I was allowed to scream. In the car lol. But seriously... [emoji20]

I avoid pet shops. Can't handle it. I literally almost screamed at them one time. I'm pretty sure that was the only time I was allowed to scream. In the car lol. But seriously... [emoji20]

I think I was in Walmart last time I saw that

Oh. I don't really go to Walmart. There not really one near me lol

As a new piggy owner, what is the best pellets?

Being an educated consumer really can make a difference. As @pinky said, just don't buy it. I like to think that consumer feedback and activity is behind the fact that Kaytee now offers timothy pellets. They started with a timothy/alfalfa blend, and now I've seen a totally timothy Kaytee pellet. No, it's not the best brand, but it's a big player in the market so that increases the chance that even less knowledgeable pig owners will buy it if they see it on a local store's shelves.

Well, I've never bought their stuff before, but I've heard good things about that company so this makes be a bit sad. Supply and demand will go on no matter what, as long as the uneducated owners out there keep buying things.
Whenever I hear someone at school say, "I'm going to get a guinea pig!" or "I have a guinea pig!" I usually think, yes, but it is probably in a store bought cage, with no friend, being fed that junk that stores sell with seeds and nuts in them... But should I expect any less? I was one of those owners once, but never again.

Well, I've never bought their stuff before, but I've heard good things about that company so this makes be a bit sad. Supply and demand will go on no matter what, as long as the uneducated owners out there keep buying things.
Whenever I hear someone at school say, "I'm going to get a guinea pig!" or "I have a guinea pig!" I usually think, yes, but it is probably in a store bought cage, with no friend, being fed that junk that stores sell with seeds and nuts in them... But should I expect any less? I was one of those owners once, but never again.

i get so mad when they do that. Heres my approach: Awwww no way!! Can i see some pictures? *shows me photos* Awww he/she is adorable!!! but you know they need a friend right? Their so much happier *shows photos of my guinea pigs* *clicks in their head* OOOHHH ill go get one tonight. Me: I wouldnt do that just yet. They also need a bigger cage *shows photos of happy piggies in huge cage* OOh i didnt know that. Ill get a bigger cage tonight . Me; I suggest ordering from (this site). They also have a forum you might like.

thats my approach lol.

i get so mad when they do that. Heres my approach: Awwww no way!! Can i see some pictures? *shows me photos* Awww he/she is adorable!!! but you know they need a friend right? Their so much happier *shows photos of my guinea pigs* *clicks in their head* OOOHHH ill go get one tonight. Me: I wouldnt do that just yet. They also need a bigger cage *shows photos of happy piggies in huge cage* OOh i didnt know that. Ill get a bigger cage tonight . Me; I suggest ordering from (this site). They also have a forum you might like.

thats my approach lol.

It's usually other people that I don't know, so that would be kind of awkward. lol But sometimes when I hear people say that, their friends say "You have to get them a friend, they'll DIE without one!!!" The other person: *Silence* Me: *Snorts and walks away* "Do some research."
Then people seem amazed when I show them my TWO piggies *Gasps* My HUGE cage*Gasps* And this is the weirdest part... FLEECE BEDDING! *Faints with shock*
But in reality, my so called "Amazing" care of my guinea pigs is nothing compared to some people on here. It makes me so sad when I hear stuff like this. I think you should take a test before you buy guinea pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.