Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior My guinea pigs wont let me sleep! :(

TBSam

Cavy Slave
I had my guinea oigs downstairs but my brother got annoyed by them cause they made noise at night so i moved them upstairs in my room and i searched up how to quiet down guinea pigs at night! They litterally just said give them veggies and hay and food and thats it, i did that they were quiet for a good 10 mins then they started again with that showing dominace sound they always do way too much!! How do my freinds guinea pigs know when their lights turn off and they sleep but mine dont
what do i have to do!!!! I had to sleep on the sofa 2 times! They are in the guinea pig habitat cages they have kinda long hair, same age ones bigger then the other tho help!

Peanut_Butter2

Cavy Slave
I had my guinea oigs downstairs but my brother got annoyed by them cause they made noise at night so i moved them upstairs in my room and i searched up how to quiet down guinea pigs at night! They litterally just said give them veggies and hay and food and thats it, i did that they were quiet for a good 10 mins then they started again with that showing dominace sound they always do way too much!! How do my freinds guinea pigs know when their lights turn off and they sleep but mine dont
what do i have to do!!!! I had to sleep on the sofa 2 times! They are in the guinea pig habitat cages they have kinda long hair, same age ones bigger then the other tho help!
How big is your cage it could be that your guinea pigs are getting settled and their just stressed or it could be that your cage is too small and they don't have enough room to hide from each other

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Putting pigs in your bedroom just isn't a good idea. They're going to make noise regardless of what you do. Mack's silicone ear plugs work very well to block out sound.

TBSam

Cavy Slave
How come my freinds have them in their bedroom and never makes noise please explain!
mine always fight is there anyway so they can be chill eith eachother like its like everytime one guinea pig comes
out of the cage they start doing that loud purring one oh my god i have memory foam ear plugs they work good but dont block out as much silence

TBSam

Cavy Slave
I already said the cage is a guinea habitat plus cage They probably could be settling in but they have been in my room before not fair i wanna spent time with them christmas and downstairs is cold in winter i gave them fresh veggies before bed so they be quiet :mad:

Peanut_Butter2

Cavy Slave
I already said the cage is a guinea habitat plus cage They probably could be settling in but they have been in my room before not fair i wanna spent time with them christmas and downstairs is cold in winter i gave them fresh veggies before bed so they be quiet :mad:
Guinea pigs are different and just because your friend has guinea pigs in their room doesn't mean it can work for you. I suggest you find a better place for your guinea pigs so they're not make so much noise and bother you at night. I keep mine in the basement to avoid drafts maybe that could be a solution for you too.

TBSam

Cavy Slave
There has to be a solution! Its cold downstairs in winter! And i cant move them anywhere else!

Peanut_Butter2

Cavy Slave
There has to be a solution! Its cold downstairs in winter! And i cant move them anywhere else!
What if you moved your guinea pigs downstairs for the other seasons and only had to deal with their loud noises in the winter

scoottie

Cavy Slave
Guinea pigs deal with colder temperatures than warmer just keep that in mind.

TBSam

Cavy Slave
IT gets way toooo cold downstairs like 4 degress we arent wasting money just to heat up two guinea pigs ��

Peanut_Butter2

Cavy Slave
IT gets way toooo cold downstairs like 4 degress we arent wasting money just to heat up two guinea pigs ��
I honestly can't tell you maybe if you can't deal with noise you should give your guinea pigs so a friend or shelter

Guinea2002

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer

Not trying to be rude and I hope this gets approved because. I like thinking of my Guinea Pig as my Child. I have to care and provide for it with my own money I updated my cage and etc and now my Guinea Pig is actually happy. I have looked for a partner for her but the Rescues have Rats at the moment. I just wanted to say that I love my Guinea Pigs a lot and that I don't think they are just pets. I mean my Guinea Pig has my last name at the vets office. I may not seem very passionate as some people are but maybe you should sometimes think about the circumstances of getting an animal 4 degrees isn't very safe. Also anyone as I live in quite a small house when you turn on the heat all the air vents run right? Or am I wrong

Rywen

Cavy Slave
I liked the ear plug idea, just get some ear plugs.

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
Ear plugs or some kind of white noise machine.

I had up to 6 guinea pigs living in my bedroom over a period of 4 years and could sleep fine as long as I had a fan going. My girls were never very loud at night but the fan helped drown out their random noises.

Now my pigs live in the family room but I have 2 syrian hamsters in my bedroom. They can be very loud at night so I have this white noise machine that plays rainfall sounds. It definitely helps to mask the sounds they make and I don't think I would be able to sleep without it!

wigglemish

Cavy Slave
TBSam, please don't take this the wrong way, but I have seen you post several threads now complaining about your guinea pigs. Do you actually enjoy having them? They are not 'easy' pets and require a lot of attention and love. You seem very frustrated by them.

Peanut_Butter2

Cavy Slave
I have an idea what if you kept your guinea pigs right outside your room or bought like a heating pad for them so you could put then in your basement

TBSam

Cavy Slave
no my guinea pigs are the best now that they are in my room they know lights off is bed time

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Glad to hear the situation resolved itself! Now you can enjoy them all the time!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.