Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How many pets?

piggypuppylove

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
3 Guinea Pigs, A bunny, a very grumpy attack hamster, and 7 dogs (4 basset hounds and 3 rescue mystery mutts). A grande total of 12, though I'm always perusing craigslist and petfinder for little furries.

Sunny

Cavy Slave
how strange did you have netting or logs that he could climb? I was cleaning up my cage the other day and wasn't paying close enough attention to where i put the log and saw this
View attachment 54172

I brought home a new crab one day, had him in the travel cage with some rocks and a Hermie Hut. I went to get him out and FREAKED because I couldn't find him. He wasn't under the hut, buried under rocks, no where. For some reason I take out the hut and turn it over; his little butt had climbed UP the inside of the hut and was clamped on UPSIDE DOWN under it. I laughed so hard, and that's when he got his name. Bond....James Bond.

spudsthepiget

Cavy Slave
I have the 7 pigs, and a pet rock named Vesta Antoinette. lol At my dad's house, we have 2 cats named Shoes and Penelope and might possibly be adding a third soon. My pictures of the kitties are on my old phone and I can't message them to myself because the old phone is disconnected. :(
marybellrock.jpg
Marybell and Vesta :p
arthur3.jpg
This is me and Arthur; he's not mine, but I've been riding him since 2005 when I was 12, so we're really close. <3

Last edited:

Ibbet

Cavy Slave
Two dogs (Hendrix and Dante), a cat (Crybaby), a guinea pig (Hippie), a dwarf hamster (Raven), two gerbils (Tokka and Rahzar), 3 bettas (Frankenstein, Krueger and Voorhees), 2 corydoras catfish (Wolfe and Creature), a goldfish (Kipington) and three hermit crabs (Ramirez, Captain K'nuckles and Eugene H. Krabs), so I have 16 total. And I love every single one of them! :) <3

spudsthepiget

Cavy Slave
@Ibbet I love your betta's names! Those are awesome! Mr. Krabs the hermit crab is pretty cool, too ;)

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
I only have my three pigs, but I also live with my aunt's dog and two cats. I feel like I don't really have time for more critters right now. :/

Pawesomepet

Cavy Slave

Pawesomepet

Cavy Slave
I have 4 dogs, 13 piggies, and 2 chinchillas :) So 19 pets. :p

It is a lot of work and money but I love all of them to death. My friends and family just call my house 'the zoo' when referring to my home. lol

Are chinchillas fun? I've always wanted one (I want just about any animal there is lol) My house is also called "the zoo" hahaha

Pawesomepet

Cavy Slave
She's my baby. I adopted her when she 5 weeks old (the shelter was overful and desperate). She had an URI, worms, and ear mites. The shelter covered all her vet costs, and spent my summer taking care of a kitten. 12 years later she is still super attached to me. :) when I say hi she answers me with a little trill.

Awe at least she ended up at a good home! I found mine outside there was no other kittens or momma cat in sight so I figured maybe he was dumped it took me forever to catch him when I did he was skinny and full of fleas he's 5 years old now :) and that was suppose to be get not eat whoops lol

RodentCuddles

Cavy Slave
Since mum pays for most of the animal care *apart from my guinea pigs, rabbits and rats* and I'm the one who cleans up after them, makes sure they're okay ect then I'll just put down all the animals in the house atm. :)

10 cats, 8 of whom are/were feral some are tame others are not...3 are kittens whom we're home to adopt out as they got spayed 2 weeks ago.
3 rats, these are my guys...
2 rabbits, they free range the floor of my room and I can't imagine waking up and not having them run to my feet!
9 guinea pigs of my own, my boy trio and then my herd of 6
15 guinea pigs in the rescue right now.

So we have 39 animals in our care right now with the number always changing due to the rescue pigs..but thankfully we finally caught the stray female cat she is now spayed so no more feral cats!!!

Pawesomepet

Cavy Slave
3 Guinea Pigs, A bunny, a very grumpy attack hamster, and 7 dogs (4 basset hounds and 3 rescue mystery mutts). A grande total of 12, though I'm always perusing craigslist and petfinder for little furries.

7 dogs? I'm jealous :( if I could I'd have like 50 dogs :D

Pawesomepet

Cavy Slave
Since mum pays for most of the animal care *apart from my guinea pigs, rabbits and rats* and I'm the one who cleans up after them, makes sure they're okay ect then I'll just put down all the animals in the house atm. :)

10 cats, 8 of whom are/were feral some are tame others are not...3 are kittens whom we're home to adopt out as they got spayed 2 weeks ago.
3 rats, these are my guys...
2 rabbits, they free range the floor of my room and I can't imagine waking up and not having them run to my feet!
9 guinea pigs of my own, my boy trio and then my herd of 6
15 guinea pigs in the rescue right now.

So we have 39 animals in our care right now with the number always changing due to the rescue pigs..but thankfully we finally caught the stray female cat she is now spayed so no more feral cats!!!

I am so JEALOUS here! I wanted rabbits after my last of my rabbits passed away last year but my dad said he doesn't want anything else running around the house (I've got 4 dogs, cat, and guinea pig(free ranges in my room) that are aloud to roam)

Pawesomepet

Cavy Slave
I have the 7 pigs, and a pet rock named Vesta Antoinette. lol At my dad's house, we have 2 cats named Shoes and Penelope and might possibly be adding a third soon. My pictures of the kitties are on my old phone and I can't message them to myself because the old phone is disconnected. :( View attachment 54173
Marybell and Vesta :pView attachment 54174 This is me and Arthur; he's not mine, but I've been riding him since 2005 when I was 12, so we're really close. <3

Arthur looks like one of the horses I rode at the stables his name was peachy (Silver Peach) I really regret that I stopped riding! :( I love your cats names!

Pawesomepet

Cavy Slave
Two dogs (Hendrix and Dante), a cat (Crybaby), a guinea pig (Hippie), a dwarf hamster (Raven), two gerbils (Tokka and Rahzar), 3 bettas (Frankenstein, Krueger and Voorhees), 2 corydoras catfish (Wolfe and Creature), a goldfish (Kipington) and three hermit crabs (Ramirez, Captain K'nuckles and Eugene H. Krabs), so I have 16 total. And I love every single one of them! :) <3

I LOVE your pets names!!! :D

Pawesomepet

Cavy Slave
I only have my three pigs, but I also live with my aunt's dog and two cats. I feel like I don't really have time for more critters right now. :/

I forgot what it was like to not have so many guinea pigs I went from 2 to 12 in a year!

GuineaLoveer

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
I have 2 dogs one pure bred black lab named Lilly and One great Dane lab mix named Zeus :p
2 piggies soon to be like 4 or five (ones expecting)
4 cats used to have six and at one point had 8
like 50+ fish
so around 58 pet :p

petgal49

Cavy Slave
I have two cats (Roma - 10 and Josie - 6) and one guinea pig (Harry - 2) All of my pets are adopted, so their ages are approximate. I am always browsing rescue sites and Kijij so I feel like I may have four pets by the end of the summer!

Artista

Cavy Slave
I have the one now. The most I've had at one time is a 50 gallon aquarium, 20 gallon aquarium, cockatiel, golden mantelled rosella, canary, and 2 finches.

I like having 1 maybe 2 pets because then I can give a ton of attention. The more you have then individual attention goes down imo. Some animals don't care but the ones I've had aside from fish did care.

I still have my nice birdy cage, dishes, setups for some day I'll most likely get back into it. I love green cheeked conures. Small spunky guys who are smart and filled with cute personality. So the most I'll ever have again is gp and bird.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.