Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump Help I found a lump on my piggies belly.

GuineaGirl2

Cavy Slave
I have been very hesitant to post this. But last month Bella had to be put down. In the end we were wrong, it was not a cyst like I hoped it was, it was breast cancer. It robbed her of so much nutrience like cancer would. Me and my family decided the the most humane thing we could do for her is to put her down. Gangrene took hold and it was so heart breaking for me to see her like that.

At least I know that with in her last few hours she had no pain and she fell asleep peacefully. She was a fighter and was full of so much love. I miss her very much and she will always have a place in my heart. There is never a day that goes by that I don't miss her, even now I am having a hard time keeping my composure. I have never delt with an animals death before and we were so close, I don't think that I would ever get over this.

Thank you all for being with me in this journey and I'm and just so glad that even when she had cancer she fought till the very end and I got to spend a few more months with her. I sense that my rabbit jack is even sad because he has not seen or heard from his little buddy in a while. I will miss her squeaks when I eat food and giving her treats and snuggling with her. My piggy baby with forever live in my heart and memories. Thank you all for being so kind and thoughtful when times got tough. This will be my last entry on here considering the circumstances. Please give your guinea pig a hug today and tell them how much you love them, you don't know how good you have it till it's gone. Goodbye everyone. ❤️

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@GuineaGirl2, I am so sorry to hear of little Bella's passing. I didn't add anything to this thread advice wise, because I simply haven't experienced it and had none to offer.

I had hoped everything would turn out all right, and had hoped your absence meant that everything had gone well. You did everything you could for her, and when it came time to make the decision you did the kindest, most loving thing you could do.

I am so, so sorry Bella is gone. Take some solace in knowing that she loved you, she appreciated everything you did, and she is now at peace. She's as we speak at the Rainbow Bridge, playing in the grass and warm sun, eating whatever she wants. She is pain free, full of energy, and best of all she has a lot of new friends to play with. She will wait there until you, your family and Jack come to find her again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.