Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

new member with 5 fur children

adykish

Cavy Gazer
New member and mom of 5 fur babies in total. Started almost 1 1/2 years with 2 girls from a Pet Shop (I know, I know - never again). But they are beautiful girls and I love them dearly. My next addition was Pants from a co-worker. She was thought to be male when babies were born so she was kept on the male side. After she surprised everyone with two babies and the fact that she did not get along with her sister on the ladies side, I agreed to take her after 21 days. Guess what happened after 40 days since I had gotten her? Yep, she had back to back pregnancies and I was blessed with 2 more fur babies. No way was I giving up these cuties so I had 4 females and 1 male. After 3 1/2 weeks he was sectioned off from the ladies until he was neutered 5 1/2 months later. They all now live happily in a c&c mansion. It is 2 x 8 connected with a 1x2 to a 2x6. Think of a lopsided "H". There are also two 1x2 lofts and everything is raised off the floor. I have to move slowly because their housing takes up almost an entire room. Working on getting a pic of the whole thing in one shot but kind of hard.

I'll work on getting pics of the kids too but only Gizmo (male PEW) like the camera - the girls are camera shy mrgizmo.jpg

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum. Wow what a story. I two got my first pigs from a pet store. Did I love the? Absolutely, did u regret it? Not a chance, would I do its again? Not in a million years. I think the vast majority of us got our first pigs from pet stores. I can't wait to see more pigtures and the piggy mansion.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to the forum! Gizmo is really adorable!

MrsGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to the forum! Quite a story! Gizmo is so handsome and I can't wait to the ladies! Also, I would love to see the entire cage because it seems like a mansion!

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
hello there

Fluffymish

Cavy Slave
So cute!! Love him! Welcome!

adykish

Cavy Gazer
Here is the cavy mansion and the girls. cage1.JPGcage2.JPGeastergirls.jpg

Rywen

Cavy Slave
That's quite the piggie mansion, the girls are gorgeous.

adykish

Cavy Gazer
That's quite the piggie mansion, the girls are gorgeous.

Thank you. Sandy (on the left) and Brownie (on the right) are my Petstore girls. Next to Sandy is Pants and her daughter, Minnie.

Minnie is extremely hyper and will stick her nose in everybody's face. Thus, she gets chased away many times. She just doesn't learn :)

Kishaa

Cavy Slave
Wow, I'm so jealous of your pen! I can't wait to get some more parts and start building my own up. I have to get my human family situated first, but I definitely plan on expanding it. You're babies are so pretty. My mom said her male guinea pig she had as a kid ended up having babies too!

Kishaa

Cavy Slave
My Guinea (his name :p) was a pet store pig, but I haven't had any problems with him because of it. They helped me buy the right things to keep him happy too. I didn't get his cage there though!

NinjaAlena

Cavy Slave
Wow your cage is amazing! And that's quite story! My first two piggies, which are the ones I have now, I bought from previous owners, who bought them from PetSmart so I don't know if that counts xD

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
@adykish that so cool my mom had a Chihuahua named Sandy :D

Lord Pigwidgeon

Cavy Slave
I've noticed that a lot of stories start out with, "My first guinea pig came from a pet store." It makes me feel better about my own blunder, knowing I'm not the only one that made that mistake. Would I take it back? No, it's made a lot of things in my life easier to handle. But would I do it again? Not now that I know what I know. You've taken something and made it a wonderful, wonderful home for your piggies, with lots of fun and room to run. ^_^

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.