Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

*Waves Hello*

clb89

Cavy Slave
Hi there,

I basically found this forum in search of information on guinea pigs. My husband and I have decided to get our oldest daughter two guinea pigs. She is only three years old so I know I will be the one cleaning the cage, doing vet care, and so forth, I am perfectly fine with that. I am doing all the research before we get guinea pigs so we can have the right kind of cage, pellets, hay, and savings. I'll see you all around the forums. :)

clb

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome! I'm pretty sure there are quite a few guinea pig rescues in Michigan.

clb89

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I'm pretty sure there are quite a few guinea pig rescues in Michigan.
Good, hopefully that means there will be some near us then. :)

Ridgefire

Cavy Slave
Yeah another Michigander.....unless of course your a yupper. ;)

clb89

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed): I have no clue what a "yupper" is so I'm guessing I'm not lol.

(broken link removed): Thanks for all the links. I'm reading them. :)

MandaC76

Cavy Slave
Petfinder.com also shows you all the rescues out there too. Welcome! I have a 3 year old daughter, and having the guinea pigs has expanded her love and helped her to learn to be gentle. She already was learning about feeding from helping with our 2 cats, but she is over the moon for the guinea pigs. We have 2 young guinea pigs and a foster that is approximately 2 years old. They are a lot of fun and good company for me when she is asleep. Those links and this forum are top notch with the best guinea pig people around. Making the C&C cage is a fun project and is incredibly less expensive than buying a cage, but if you aren't crafty & handy or can't locate items needed, you can buy one here that is awesome. Welcome from another newbie!

clb89

Cavy Slave
Petfinder.com also shows you all the rescues out there too. Welcome! I have a 3 year old daughter, and having the guinea pigs has expanded her love and helped her to learn to be gentle. She already was learning about feeding from helping with our 2 cats, but she is over the moon for the guinea pigs. We have 2 young guinea pigs and a foster that is approximately 2 years old. They are a lot of fun and good company for me when she is asleep. Those links and this forum are top notch with the best guinea pig people around. Making the C&C cage is a fun project and is incredibly less expensive than buying a cage, but if you aren't crafty & handy or can't locate items needed, you can buy one here that is awesome. Welcome from another newbie!

I will take a look at petfinder too. The directory didn't have any place to adopt a guinea pig near me. Our three year old loves animals of all shapes and sizes, she is a lot like me in that way. She was also taught gentle touching when we had a cat (RIP) and very good with her baby sister. I have no doubts she'll be a good helper with the guinea pigs.

Ridgefire

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed): I have no clue what a "yupper" is so I'm guessing I'm not lol.

(broken link removed): Thanks for all the links. I'm reading them. :)

HAHA I didn't even catch that I typed yupper instead of yooper.:eek:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.