Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Made My First Fleece Cozy Sack!

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1389324451084.jpg

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Cool tunnel, Ferb has one I bought and the one you made is way better! Cute pigtures too!

hunniechey

Cavy Slave
I LOVE yalls!
This is my first one. I used one of those hand machines that are like $15 because I dont have room for a whole machine but next I want to make a cuddle cup when I get a hold of moms machine!

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1389330370326.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1389330394976.jpg

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
I'm teaching my daughter how to basic sew! She saw what I did and wants to make some too! We have the new guinea pig coming Monday and he'll need his cuddle sack too. Pigtures coming soon!

Veggielady79

Cavy Slave
These cuddle sacks and piggies are so flippin cute I can barely stand it! They look so cozy! Great job, everyone

Veggielady79

Cavy Slave
Thank you! I agree the piggies opinions matter most! Your new cuddle tunnel is awesome, and that wire in the middle is a really smart idea!
@(broken link removed) I actually didn't name him, but I love his name too! I think he was named after that movie because his original buddy was named Beans (another character in the movie) I didn't even see the movie until after I adopted him this past November!
Coincidentally Dagny's middle name is Bean! and I gave Rango a middle name which is Berry :) is it weird my pigs have middle names?

@Dagny_Rango, all our pets since my childhood have had middle names :) Started with our gerbil, Tiffany, who turned out to be a boy. So we gave him a masculine middle name so he wouldn't get a complex :p

Dagny_Rango

Cavy Slave
@Zombie Queen Winston and Rockii are so cute and cuddly in their new stuff! Great pigtures :)
@Veggielady79 Good to know I'm not the only one! We also call them our 'kids' haha What was Tiffany's middle name?

Veggielady79

Cavy Slave
@Zombie Queen Winston and Rockii are so cute and cuddly in their new stuff! Great pigtures :)
@Veggielady79 Good to know I'm not the only one! We also call them our 'kids' haha What was Tiffany's middle name?

Andrew, Ha! We've also had a Shadow Madison, Bandit Gizmo, Bumper Beatrice, Scrappy Dapper Doo (he was a mangy, junkyard-rescued cat on death's door....but he cleaned up quite nicely, lol). So, no, we don't find middle names weird at all! My daughter's have deemed me "Grandma" of our guinea ;)

Dagny_Rango

Cavy Slave
Andrew, Ha! We've also had a Shadow Madison, Bandit Gizmo, Bumper Beatrice, Scrappy Dapper Doo (he was a mangy, junkyard-rescued cat on death's door....but he cleaned up quite nicely, lol). So, no, we don't find middle names weird at all! My daughter's have deemed me "Grandma" of our guinea ;)
Awesome! Andrew was supposed to be my middle name if I was a boy lol it's quite masculine! It's fun giving pets middle names! I really like Bandit Gizmo :) and I'm happy to hear you saved Scrappy Dapper Doo! Sometimes I'll add in their official nicknames: Dagny 'Belly' Bean and Rango 'Monkey' Berry. Daggers is always standing showing her belly and Mango is my curious George! I tell my mom she's their Grandmother too! and they are her 'Grandpigs'

Veggielady79

Cavy Slave
LOL, ours usually only get called by their middle names when they're in trouble....much like the kiddos ;)

Bandit was rescued from a high-kill shelter (all our pets were rescued in one form or another). His name was already Bandit, and my mom didn't want to confuse him...so she gave him Gizmo because he looks just like the cute little Gremlin :). Scrappy and Bumper were found together (Bumper was hiding in a car bumper) by my boyfriend at the time (this was some 15 years ago!). He only wanted Bumper because he thought black cats were "cool". He wanted her as an outside cat to kill the mice in his garage (and planned to keep her unfixed, and didn't plan to find a vet for her). He only took Scrappy because he was loud and obnoxious and wouldn't go away (pretty sure he thought he was human), and my boyfriend thought he'd die in the next day or two, so he took him, too, "just because". He left them with me to catsit while he went to work (they were TINY; had to be bottle fed), and....well, I refused to give them back! It actually caused quite a rift, and we ended up breaking up because I refused to give them up (just so he could neglect them).

Last edited:

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
Made my second cozy! I scored at Dollar General and got two fleece blankets totaling in 6 ft for 5 bucks!

Brittany, my daughter, is almost done with hers!

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1389481036239.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1389481048795.jpg

Veggielady79

Cavy Slave
Really, these should come in adult sizes (I want to climb through my computer screen and cuddle in that!)!! I went to the dollar store today, too, and got a couple of their $5 blankets (I'm going to make those no-sew beds). I wish my store had this fabric...very pretty!

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
Really, these should come in adult sizes (I want to climb through my computer screen and cuddle in that!)!! I went to the dollar store today, too, and got a couple of their $5 blankets (I'm going to make those no-sew beds). I wish my store had this fabric...very pretty!

Dodd you take advantage of the bogo sale? Awesome right! You have to post pictures when you get those beds done!

Here's the cozy sack Brittany made! It's the first time she's ever sewn anything before! She did such and amazing job! I'm so proud of her. She literally did it all by herself!

Attachments

uploadfromtaptalk1389487231511.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1389487245756.jpg

Veggielady79

Cavy Slave
Dodd you take advantage of the bogo sale? Awesome right! You have to post pictures when you get those beds done!

Here's the cozy sack Brittany made! It's the first time she's ever sewn anything before! She did such and amazing job! I'm so proud of her. She literally did it all by herself!

We were at Family Dollar...no BOGO! We stopped at Big Lots after, though, and got a zebra-print style blanket. It's in the wash now :) I'll have to check if there are any Dollar Generals nearby, haha. Your daughter did an awesome job, too!

Rywen

Cavy Slave
A Snuggie is kind of like a cuddle sack for people, lol.

Both cuddle sacks look great, I love the bright colors and patterns!

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
Thanks guys! We had a lot of fun doing them!

Ashleymariee79

Cavy Slave
How do you make your guinea pig closer to you?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.