Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Midwest Shiemi and Zoe's new digs

Shieme

Cavy Slave
I made a horrible C&C cage that pretty much fell apart so they were back in a 1.5x3 cage. Soidecided to buy a Midwest cage. It's 2x5 cage that I plan on expanding when I clean out a room full of junk. So cleaning out the room and buying fleece liners and getting a better hidey for them is on the top of the list.

IMG_0798.jpg
Dang why does this site turn them.

IMG_0797.jpg

Room ok that will be cleaned out! I'm so glad I found this site to learn that even though I thought Shiemi was happy, she didn't know she could be happier with a roomie and bigger cage. She's not fond of change but I have noticed less bad behaviors because I tried to listen.

thanks everybody.

Shieme

Cavy Slave
IMG_0822.jpg

I hope ole they are happy. Shiemi hates change but within six hours she found she loves moving away from Zoe. Zoe loves the hidey. As you can see, the room still needs work. I want a sitting area so I can read in the room with them. Shiemi bows knows me so well. She lets me pet her and ask for it. She still not keen on getting out of the cage. Zoe is barely two months so she still not sure of me but knows I feed her and she will eat out of my hand. I love them so much and grateful for this site. I know I get mad sometimes at members and I'm sorry it my girls would be happy without it.

AprilsMom

Cavy Slave
I?m looking at buying one of these cages. Can you tell me if the bottom is solid? It?s going to overhang the cabinet I?m putting it on and I?m wondering if hubby will have to put a board under it. Also, did yours come with the ramp and divider? Do you have to use it or can you leave it off? April likes to pee in a little dish while she?s eating her hay. So I don?t think I?ll need that area as a potty room.

Thank you for any info you can give me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wheekermommy

Cavy Slave
I?m looking at buying one of these cages. Can you tell me if the bottom is solid? It?s going to overhang the cabinet I?m putting it on and I?m wondering if hubby will have to put a board under it. Also, did yours come with the ramp and divider? Do you have to use it or can you leave it off? April likes to pee in a little dish while she?s eating her hay. So I don?t think I?ll need that area as a potty room.

Thank you for any info you can give me.

The bottom is solid but it is made of fabric so has some give to it. If it is going to overhang a lot, then I would recommend putting something under it. If it does come with a ramp and divider do NOT use them. They take up valuable space and not needed. Even though they seem super large, it is best to get two of the cages and connect them together. One is just not big enough for two guinea pigs. Also, make sure you always have a good bedding throughout the whole cage, fleece is great if you can handle the maintenance.

I got the midwest with one of my guinea pigs and I ended up getting rid of it and switching to a cxc. I didn't like how the fabric stained so easily and was hard to keep clean ( I didn't use fleece). I also thought it was a pain to take apart for cleaning. Many people love them though so that is just my two sense.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Sorry, but the bottom of a Midwest is absolutely not solid. It is a canvas fabric bottom and MUST sit on a solid surface. Do yourself a favor and stick with a properly assembled C&C cage. Much easier to clean and modify.

wheekermommy

Cavy Slave
Sorry, but the bottom of a Midwest is absolutely not solid. It is a canvas fabric bottom and MUST sit on a solid surface. Do yourself a favor and stick with a properly assembled C&C cage. Much easier to clean and modify.

I meant solid as is one piece, I could see how that could be misinterpreted though. I agree I love my cxc!

AprilsMom

Cavy Slave
Unfortunately, the area that I have to put her cage is small and if I got the small C&C cage it would just fit but it?ll be in a corner and I wouldn?t be able to reach it all to clean it. Hard to explain. The Midwest is just a little bit smaller, which I know isn?t good, bigger is better, but that one will allow me to get next to the cage to properly clean it.

April goes nuts in the morning after I give her all her fresh food, hay and water. She?s so funny and I know the cage she?s in is too small so I can?t wait to see her antics in a bigger cage!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.