Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How Many? Is it OK to have one pig? Also, can someone tell me how to add images?

PiggyMonster

Cavy Slave
My mom bought me my piggy for my birthday in 2017, but I only got the one (not complaining :,) ). Is it ok for me to only have one pig? I know they’re social animals but my parents refuse to let me get another one. Also, can somebody tell me how to add pictures? I’m so confused :(

Attachments

696AEE52-D90D-4288-A437-94618CC767C8.jpg A9B291D4-253C-44C8-AB0D-A4DB6799CB0B.jpg
Last edited:

PiggyMonster

Cavy Slave
Oh wait how did those pictures get there?!!

PiggyMonster

Cavy Slave
Well anyway that’s my piggy Luke

Can I still have help with pictures? I have no idea how those got there xD

LemonySnickers

Cavy Slave
Cute pig! It is not encouraged to have just one pig, because they can become depressed and lonely from not having a friend. I have one pig too, but if I could go back in time I would've certainly made sure he had a friend.

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
He is adorable!!! An American Crested just like my Friar Tuck ❤️
Guinea pigs do really like having buddies, they'll be more active and it's a lot fun to hear them talk to each other. But if you absolutely can't get another piggy you can still make Luke happy. I had my Friar Tuck for 5 months before getting him Robin Hood for a friend. Signs of a happy piggy are popcorning, wheeking and bubbling, and being out and about ( not hiding constantly ). As long as Luke is doing these things he's not depressed and you're doing ok!
As a single piggy it's important you talk to him and give him attention a lot. If he doesn't like to be held you can still pet him---I'm still working with Friar Tuck on that myself; but he enjoys chin scratches nevertheless! :) ( Crested guinea pigs are supposed to be a very intelligent but also more timid breed. I've found it true with Friar Tuck compared to Robin Hood! ) Make sure he has a few different toys to play with. Single piggies can enjoy listening to music too--- as long as it's not heavy metal, etc, of course lol. Friar Tuck has a soft spot for violin music--- he comes out to listen, then lays down on his stomach, kicks his back feet out, and looks very happy and zenlike. :)
I'd help with attaching pictures but I only get it right half the time too lol. Good luck with little Luke!

PiggyMonster

Cavy Slave
@MerryFriarTuck thank you! I pet him as often as I can, and I’ll try different kinds of music for my piggy and see if he likes it :D

PiggyMonster

Cavy Slave
@Candalalala I’ve showed them research on why I want another and they still said no, even though they both know guinea pigs are social animals so they need a friend and having two doesn’t need much more care than one :(

Turkino

Cavy Slave
Sounds like you need to show your parents that you can handle taking good care of your current one and that you have its best interests in mind.
You could also suggest checking with some rescues in the area, there are a lot of piggies left in terrible situations that could use rescue that would love to be a friend to your Luke. After a proper bonding of course.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.