Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Pellet dispensers, Are these o.k, to use?

cupcake.ninja

Cavy Slave
My husband took a dremel to Gunners food bowl and cut off the side, then we drilled two holes in the back for a zip tie to hold it secure to the side of the cage... it doesn't go anywhere and it's too small for his giant fluffy butt to poop or pee in.

skinnyguineaus

Cavy Slave
That is exactly what I use for their pellet dishes !! They worked for quite a long time, but now my girl Buttercup has figured out how to pull them DOWN and make a big mess. She use to "play" with the bird cup pellet dishes by moving them sideways, but now she can somehow pull them off the side of the cage, and onto the cage floor below. Time for a change, eh ?!lol

Before I found these great bird cups to use, I was looking into getting those twist and lock crock dishes, which securely attach to the cage. That is what I am ordering tomorrow. My girl is waaaaay too industrious and strong, to be thwarted by anything not attached to the cage bars !:melodrama
Ha! That is funny :) I hope mine doesn't figure that out.... These bird cups are WAY cheaper than the twist and lock crock dish. I sure hope my little ninjas just keep messing up with their hay rack. lol
Let us know what you get and how it works that way I have a second option

cupcake.ninja

Cavy Slave
@skinnyguineaus- you call your piggies "ninja"? Me too! He kept getting out of his last cage so i invested in a C&C cage he couldn't ninja out of.

skinnyguineaus

Cavy Slave
YES! They are NINJAS :) They do things that I can't explain and as fast as light. No better name than NINJASlol

cupcake.ninja

Cavy Slave
Seriously! I'll be tracking him in the kitchen on his floor time and the little sucker disappears... it's an open floor! How do you lose a guinea pig on an OPEN floor?!
He's a stinking ninja! He blends into his bedding, too so i have to check in 17 different places to find him for lap time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.