Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Is there any way to make a stand for your GP cage out of C&C grids?

OliverAndOscar

Cavy Slave
I was wanting to raise my guinea pig cage up off of the ground once I expanded it to a 3 x 5. I've heard that it makes the guinea pig's less frightened of you because you're not towering if you, and I feel like it's just kind of strange having a cage on the ground. I've seen videos with people who have cages on grid tables, but I didn't know if it was made entirely of grids, or if it was made with something else. Also, I've never seen anything about how to make them. Thank you :)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
There are several hundred pictures of that in the Photo Galleries.

OliverAndOscar

Cavy Slave
There are several hundred pictures of that in the Photo Galleries.

Where might I find the Photo Galleries? I only recently started using this app again, so I'm not familiar with it.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
If you need some help with a grid stand, go through the photos in the Gallery first and see what specific questions you have...... I can probably help you with them. My grid stand is uber sturdy and I think that I have some photos of the stand in progress that I can share.

OliverAndOscar

Cavy Slave
If you need some help with a grid stand, go through the photos in the Gallery first and see what specific questions you have...... I can probably help you with them. My grid stand is uber sturdy and I think that I have some photos of the stand in progress that I can share.

I've looked through the gallery and I have a few questions. When making the stand, I want to make sure the grids are really super sturdy. Is there a certain leg style that makes it more sturdy than other styles? Also, how many grids were used when making the stand?

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
I wanted to get back to you promptly. There are NO "legs" involved in my grid stands.....only grids. Here are the links to a couple of previous threads where I have posted with some explicit (I hope) photos and instructions that will give you some useful information. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
(broken link removed)

https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...-stand-fiasco?highlight=building+a+cage+stand

OliverAndOscar

Cavy Slave
I wanted to get back to you promptly. There are NO "legs" involved in my grid stands.....only grids. Here are the links to a couple of previous threads where I have posted with some explicit (I hope) photos and instructions that will give you some useful information. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
(broken link removed)

https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...-stand-fiasco?highlight=building+a+cage+stand

So for the grids it stands on, are there four on each side of the stand to keep it stable? When I get the cage expanded to a 3 x 4 or 3 x 5, I plan on making the stand that size with 4 grids on each side. Would that be okay to do?

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
I don't have time to answer in detail this morning. I'll get back to your question later today.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@spy9doc, if you'll write up your cage-making instructions, I'll make a sticky out of it.

equinox96

Cavy Slave
Youtube also has a few good videos, here are a few...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOc_s9XWVRo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds6c6QzpWmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR3jdxo8lZ0

and there are many more

I have mine set up this way, the only I would add to some of those videos that you might find is to make sure you also make a grid floor and a few accross, either in the middle or the back. This way your "wall"/dividers stay put when you decide to move your cage to vacuum or what not. It makes for a really solid base.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
@spy9doc, if you'll write up your cage-making instructions, I'll make a sticky out of it.

Thank you for the compliment! I am overwhelmed with end-of-semester work, amassing enough CE units to keep one of my certifications.......and completing all the preparations for a Dec. 19 shoulder surgery. But, I'll be sure to do the write up just as soon as I can find the time.

OliverAndOscar

Cavy Slave
spy8doc, whenever you get the time, will you answer my previous question that I asked? Sorry if this comes of rude, it's not meant to be x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It's spy9doc, not spy8doc. And if you put a & in front of the name, it will alert her that you've asked something.

But it's the end of the semester for her, so she probably won't be on much for a a couple of weeks. But she'll get back to you when she has a chance.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Re: Is there any way to make a stand for your GP cage out of C&C grids?

@OliverAndOscar There's a detailed instruction on here with the photos of the stand.

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

Last edited:

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Re: Is there any way to make a stand for your GP cage out of C&C grids?

There's a detailed instruction on here with the photos of the stand.

Although those are great pix, they aren't my photos. I promise that I will post in more detail just as soon as I can find the time......I haven't forgotten your request.

OliverAndOscar

Cavy Slave
It's spy9doc, not spy8doc. And if you put a & in front of the name, it will alert her that you've asked something.

But it's the end of the semester for her, so she probably won't be on much for a a couple of weeks. But she'll get back to you when she has a chance.

Typo, sorry. I feel like what I asked came off as rude. I think it looks like "pay attention to my question and nothing else" but it really wasn't meant to be that way, I just wanted to see if/when she had any free time to answer.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.