Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

No rabbit!!!!

angie901

Cavy Slave
Today I went garage selling with my aunt, and we went to a bunch of different garage sells. I bought some shoes and pants and a hamster cage cause I am getting a new hammy soon. Then we went to this one house and i started looking around and right there!!! right there was the cutest lil' rabbit ever! I walked up to her and started petting her. She was in a horrible cage with no bedding or anything and a small cardboard box for a hut and a tiny tiny water bottle. and a small amount of pellets. I asked how much she was and the woman who was selling her said she was 25$. I knew my dad wouldn't let me have her. But I needed her. The woman also said she was pregnant! And that she had more pregnant rabbits! I couldn't believe it! It made me want to rescue her even more. They probably had the rabbits in bad cages. I felt so bad for not getting her! Well I just wanted to tell you guys about this! It's so sad! I would have been irresponsible thought to have two pregnant animals in the house. One preg rabbit and one preg pig. Tell me what you guys think. I wish I could have brought her home.

coconutty78

Cavy Slave
Maybe the best thing to do is try to find out the address and report it so maybe someone from ASPCA or a near by Humane Society can make sure they are being properly taken care of and she is not running a mill from her house.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Actually it was good that you didn't buy her. This woman sounds like a breeder, and buying from a breeder is not rescuing. It's just encouraging that person to breed more, since they're selling. I know it's very, very hard to walk away from something like that, but it's for the greater good. It's just like not buying pigs from a pet store, even if they're in bad conditions, because it frees up more space and makes more demand for piggies to be brought in from the breeding mill.

angie901

Cavy Slave
Actually it was good that you didn't buy her. This woman sounds like a breeder, and buying from a breeder is not rescuing. It's just encouraging that person to breed more, since they're selling. I know it's very, very hard to walk away from something like that, but it's for the greater good. It's just like not buying pigs from a pet store, even if they're in bad conditions, because it frees up more space and makes more demand for piggies to be brought in from the breeding mill.

yeah your right. but someone would have bought her anyways. and they did. so it could have been me instead of the girl who bought her.

@coconutty78 that's a good Idea. Thank you!

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
yeah your right. but someone would have bought her anyways. and they did. so it could have been me instead of the girl who bought her.
That's true, but if you bought her, the girl would have bought a different one. That would make the person think there's even more demand and breed even more rabbits.

It's a long, slow process, but as more and more people stop supporting bad and abusive breeding practices, change will happen. A breeder like that woman will keep doing what she's doing until people stop buying from her. No money coming in = no reason to breed.

angie901

Cavy Slave
That's true, but if you bought her, the girl would have bought a different one. That would make the person think there's even more demand and breed even more rabbits.

It's a long, slow process, but as more and more people stop supporting bad and abusive breeding practices, change will happen. A breeder like that woman will keep doing what she's doing until people stop buying from her. No money coming in = no reason to breed.

yeah you're right. I don't have an argument for that. But she wasn't selling any more. just one.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.