Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Infection I need help identifying an issue

Hs117c

Cavy Gazer
Hello I'm new to this forum, as well as a relatively new owner to my guinea pig, Charlie. I'm making this post because I need help with a terrifying discovery I found today. When I lifted him today I saw a little patch at the bottom of his stomache. Upon further investigation I found that there was this "worm like" bump on him that had a black head on it. I can give more details if you need it, I also tried taking a picture but it didn't come out clear because he doesn't like being in that position and was fidgeting around. I post this under infection because I have no clue what else it might be. Any hello would be greatly appreciated <3

Attachments

IMG_20200711_142158~2.jpg

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Are you sure that it isn't a nipple? Cavies, both boars and sows, have two nipples....one on each side. Check to see if there is another matching on the other side.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Nipple. Very few male animals don't have them. Horses are one example.

XiaoXiao_Smart

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I agree with you.

Hs117c

Cavy Gazer
Are you sure that it isn't a nipple? Cavies, both boars and sows, have two nipples....one on each side. Check to see if there is another matching on the other side.
Thank you for the reply, I looked more into it and it looks like it is the nipple, but the other nipple is flesh colored while this one looks off. not sure if this is because of his fur patterns, (for ex. How 2 of his nails are black) or it's infected or something. The reason I was alarmed by this is because he LOVES laying in his own.... Mess

Soecara

Cavy Slave
I have had guinea pigs with two different colored nipples before, don't worry unless it looks crusty or there is discharge from it.

Hs117c

Cavy Gazer
I have had guinea pigs with two different colored nipples before, don't worry unless it looks crusty or there is discharge from it.

Then he seems all healthy! I was panicking there for a second. Thank you so much for all your help

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.