Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General housing a bearded dragon in same room

Lovesome piggie

Cavy Slave
hello,
i have heard that it is not safe to put guinea pigs and rabbits in the same room because they share the same germs and stuff, so i thought i would ask. Is it safe to house a bearded dragon in the same room as my two guinea pigs? I am pet sitting the dragon for a few days:)

pigger123

Cavy Slave
As long as they don't ever actually come into contact with each other, I don't see why not. But I don't know much about bearded dragons, so I'm not sure.

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
You should be fine, as long as the bearded dragon doesn't come in contact with your piggies I don't see much of a problem.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@Inle_Rabbit may be able to help, she has a rabbit and pigs and probably knows more about the bacteria issues like pasteurella and bordetella etc than most others do.

(So in turn, that information could help you figure out if there's any bacteria issues with the dragon)

Lovesome piggie

Cavy Slave
OK thanks guys, no the guinea pig and dragon will not come into contact with each other and i will wash my hands between holding each one:)

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
OK thanks guys, no the guinea pig and dragon will not come into contact with each other and i will wash my hands between holding each one

I think you will be fine doing that. We have our guinea pigs in the same room as my husband's snake.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.