Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ferrets Rescued a Ferret

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hey guys, I rescued a ferret.

I have no experience with ferrets but I've been doing tons of research. I didn't expect him to be in as bad of shape as he was when I got there. She had left him outside in the sun (I live in Florida so 95 degrees + right now) without any water. He was living in a wire bottom cage and eating Kibbles 'N Bits. Needless to say, he was very underweight when I went and grabbed him and very dehydrated. I was worried he wouldn't even make the ride home. His appetite is great now and he is a very happy little guy. He gets let out many times a day to run around and nap in my room and has stolen the hearts of my boyfriend and I. He is about 7 months old according to his previous owner and I believe he is a Marshall ferret because of the 2 tattooed dots on his ear. He's still pretty skinny but looking worlds better from where he was. You can still see almost every rib in his body, his spine and his hip bones when he stands.

He's already been getting some duck soup and feeling much better, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips or could direct me to a ferret forum they're a part of. I'd also like to bring up making him a C&C cage, could the people with ferret C&C cages show some photos?

Thanks guys and here's Slinky.
jihij.jpgflknglj.jpgvgvyvgv.jpg

BonnieJ

Cavy Slave
Aww poor little guy I am so glad you rescued him ferrets can be really fun. Unfortunately I don't know anything about caring for ferrets hopefully someone comes along soon with some answers.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
OMG, I'm in your area, and I can't imagine leaving any animal out in the brutal heat we're having. So glad you rescued the poor little guy! Ferrets are so cute and full of personality.

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
OMG, I'm in your area, and I can't imagine leaving any animal out in the brutal heat we're having. So glad you rescued the poor little guy! Ferrets are so cute and full of personality.
Yes to put it politely I was very upset with the woman. I never posted about it, but I lost both of my pigs in a tragic accident so I've been MIA.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
So sorry to hear that about your piggies. Hugs to you.

Rabbit_Lover

Cavy Slave
Thank you for rescuing him! That is a terrible diet for him that they had him on. If you have any questions feel free to message me. I love ferrets, I have owned 6 so far. I rex comedy join the holistic ferret forum. That is by far the number 1 website for ferrets.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.