Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

VLadyinRed

Cavy Gazer
Here is the new cage I built with my 4 year old. We are very proud of ourselves! One of the grid swings open so that she can open it and reach her piggies, and she feeds them and helps me clean their cage and litter box. She is a great "mama" to them. She drew the picture of her walking them on leashes.

done3.jpg

done2.jpg

done4.jpg

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
That is the cutest thing ever!!!

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
View attachment 69000My technical first step was a regular petstore cage, but that lasted one day. This is step one of C&C: 2X3 for Sir Pig before he had a buddy
View attachment 69004Step 2 was making it into a 2X5 when I was able to get President Snow. The flooring was a cheap laminate before I could get coroplast. I rearranged the hideys each day for them to have new obstacle courses and ways to run around. Sir Pig loved it!
View attachment 69002Step 3 was getting the coroplast and making a mini kitchen for the guys. They loved it!
View attachment 69003Step four was changing to wire instead of plastic cubes because the plastic didn't hold up. This also introduced a newcomer to the herd, so I added a 2X2 extension to the 2X5.

Where did you get the panda bear liner?? It's adorable!

Lord Pigwidgeon

Cavy Slave
Where did you get the panda bear liner?? It's adorable!

Haha thanks! I got it at Joanne Fabrics. It was actually a fleece duo to cut and tie into a blanket, so it came in a two pack.

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
Haha thanks! I got it at Joanne Fabrics. It was actually a fleece duo to cut and tie into a blanket, so it came in a two pack.

It's so cute I love it xD

Lord Pigwidgeon

Cavy Slave
Here is the new cage I built with my 4 year old. We are very proud of ourselves! One of the grid swings open so that she can open it and reach her piggies, and she feeds them and helps me clean their cage and litter box. She is a great "mama" to them. She drew the picture of her walking them on leashes.

View attachment 69308

View attachment 69309

View attachment 69310

That is so cute!! Super creative, and I love how the cage fits the room theme.

iamjulieb

Cavy Slave

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
I just moved from the Midwest cage that I added a kitchen to using the panels from the cage lid and the divider it came with to a C&C 2x4. I love how much more spacious it is. My altered Midwest was longer due to the kitchen but narrower and more closed off (pics included), but my new c&c feels so much more open!

I plan to add a base for storage and a loft and a better kitchen soon but for now this is what they have. Any issues ya'll see? I the pipe fitting plus the tunnel I built take a lot of space but they fly thru them in circles and have so much fun.

Old cage:

New cage:

Krystaleb97

Cavy Slave
I thought it would be fun to have a picture cage thread. I know I love looking at pictures of cages. I know we all change things out on a daily basis so please post pictures of your cage today.

View attachment 23775

The little black door, do you have to open it yourself or can the pigs just go back and forth as they please and it just stays on its hinges? Like a saloon door. It looks cute

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
@Krystale97 It's not my cage but it looks like there is a short piece of black tubing in the black door and that's how they get through. ...I feel like it should be lower though lol I know I wouldn't want to jump through hoops (literally! :p) to get to my food.

Krystaleb97

Cavy Slave
@LuvCavysLuvCatsnoh yeah i see it now! Yeah i think youre right, it is too high. I would rather just take away that grid, theyre not hamsters.

AmberCalzone

Cavy Slave
@VLadyinRed
Your daughters cage is absolutely adorable :)

6piggies

Cavy Slave
I'm going to attempt to have my 2x6 on the bottom with my 2x5 on top with a ramp leading safely to it and it completely offset with grids to support it. I was going to attempt to make a wider than a 2 grid cage, but I just can't seem to get it right. Does anyone have any examples?

tammy.travers2

Cavy Gazer
I'm new I wish I had a cage the way all u do on here

KaLeigh

Cavy Slave
Upgraded our cage again. :D

We now have 3 girls in a covered 2x5 with a 1x4 upper level. Need to order the support bar to help support the second floor, but the girls are loving it!

blessedmom

Cavy Slave
I'm new I wish I had a cage the way all u do on here
Keep browsing the forum and you will learn a ton as well as get info on making your own cage like this. You can order one if you prefer or pick up the supplies and build your own. Just read about how first and ask questions because there are lots of people happy to help. I just recently built my first c&c cage and love it so much! You will too!

CavyMommie

Cavy Slave
We haven't done the upper level completely yet. Still trying to figure out the ramp construction! If anyone has any tried-and-true methods for ramps, please let me know! :) IMG_9829.jpgIMG_9830.jpgIMG_9828.jpg (and I know nothing matches. Adds to the charm, right? lol.)

Last edited:

CavyMommie

Cavy Slave
This is AMAZING. Wow.

pigger123

Cavy Slave
We haven't done the upper level completely yet. Still trying to figure out the ramp construction! If anyone has any tried-and-true methods for ramps, please let me know! :) View attachment 69666View attachment 69665View attachment 69667 (and I know nothing matches. Adds to the charm, right? lol.)

There's a ramp section of the photo gallery with tons of ideas for ramps. Bent grids make nice ramps. I would also suggest getting a larger hay rack! Piggies always need plenty of hay, and that little hay ball doesn't hold nearly enough.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.