Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Post a Picture of your Guinea Pig!

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
@WonderPet, they are so cute!

I wish I could get my dogs to not look at my pig's Like they are dinner.

WonderPets

Cavy Slave
Thanks Zombie Queen. :) Well I think the reason my dogs do so well with them is because they are toy breeds, no instinct really to hunt them lol.

BrowniesMemory

Cavy Slave
So many cute piggies.
Zombie Queen: my dogs are the same way, right now they're mostly curious about the new guy.

Here is my herd:
100_0962.jpg100_0964_zpsb10b3b50.jpg
Ren(left) and his brother Hatsuharu "Haru" my little "cow" piggy. They will both be a year old in February.
100_0861.jpg100_0862.jpg
Sherlock (with the blaze) and Holmes were my first guinea pigs, not counting the ones I had as a kid, and it's been three to four years since I adopted them.
1229131822a.jpg
And last but not least is the new guy who rode at least two-three hours with my brother to get to me. He has yet to receive a name but some possible choices include: Watson, Tobi, Ande (like the mountains), and Inca. I am open to suggestions.

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
Omg, [MENTION=9583]BrowniesMemory[/MENTION], your herd is so beautiful! Their fur is so different! Oh and the new guy, his colors are adorable!

I quite like Watson!

I have 2 Germann Sheppards and a mixed a genuine mutt that I found on the side of the road. The one I found (Akasha) doesn't seen to care of the piggies. I'm site she wants them but she doesn't show interest. The one GS does for a minute or two when I hold them and the other (Georgia) just stares them down like oh just give me a taste. She is the one who loves her squeaky toys though. They don't usually bother me when I hold the boys though.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Thanks Zombie Queen. :) Well I think the reason my dogs do so well with them is because they are toy breeds, no instinct really to hunt them lol.

There are many toy breeds bred to hunt. That said, risk should never been taken to allow a dog that close to a prey animal like guinea pigs.

GuineaNation

Cavy Slave
So many cute piggies.
Zombie Queen: my dogs are the same way, right now they're mostly curious about the new guy.

Here is my herd:
View attachment 59452View attachment 59453
Ren(left) and his brother Hatsuharu "Haru" my little "cow" piggy. They will both be a year old in February.
View attachment 59454View attachment 59455
Sherlock (with the blaze) and Holmes were my first guinea pigs, not counting the ones I had as a kid, and it's been three to four years since I adopted them.
View attachment 59456
And last but not least is the new guy who rode at least two-three hours with my brother to get to me. He has yet to receive a name but some possible choices include: Watson, Tobi, Ande (like the mountains), and Inca. I am open to suggestions.

Oh my goodness, you named your piggies after Sherlock Holmes. That's amazing. I l
Absolutely love Sherlock Holmes. Obviously I'm all for the new guy to be named Watson. Hahahaha adorable piggies as well....

BrowniesMemory

Cavy Slave
Zombie Queen: When I got his cage out of my brother's truck I was just in love with him; his colors, that cute little mohawk, and he is remarkably outgoing for a guinea pig. Watson is close to the top of my list, considering I have a Sherlock and a Holmes. I guess I'll see who he bonds with better when I introduce him to the entire group in a couple more weeks.

I love german shepherds, they're gorgeous. Mine are 2 golden lab sisters and a dachshund, so yeah definite prey-drives there and they all love their squeak toys. They have a hard time looking in the cage because of the stand, but they will sit and stare at any guinea pig that I hold. It's pretty funny the way the dogs come running if the piggies get to wheeking. We also have cats and one of the kittens likes to sit on top of the big cage and stick her paws through the top, despite my efforts to try and limit her access. So yeah, it's always interesting at my house. :)

[MENTION=30255]GuineaNation[/MENTION]: The people at the shelter I adopted them from actually named them that. I just liked it so much that I kept the names; it's part of the reason I fell in love with them.

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
Lol. You have a full house for sure!

Hey! I also really like Mufasa for the new guy! !

BrowniesMemory

Cavy Slave
I think there might actually be a guinea pig on the forum named Mufasa...unless I'm confusing that with a user. Though I'd probably choose Simba over Mufasa. :) I've also considered Sora after the main character in Kingdom Hearts.

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
I think there might actually be a guinea pig on the forum named Mufasa...unless I'm confusing that with a user. Though I'd probably choose Simba over Mufasa. :) I've also considered Sora after the main character in Kingdom Hearts.

Oh right OK. Hmm. I'm not familiar with Sora but I like it too!

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
Prepare to be cuted to death :p (I may be overly biased, but I think all my pigs are pretty darn cute)

This is Emma, of the 8 I currently have she's my oldest. I adopted her about 2 years ago as friend for my old girl Josephine (who passed away not too long after, sadly). She's a precocious, cow of a pig who only likes Fizzy.

1174834_10151528188261852_71043835_n.jpg

Fizzy! I adopted her only a week or so after Josephine passed away...out of the 12 pigs we tried Emma with, Fizzy was the only one who would put up with her teeth chattering and rumbling. She's a lovely, gentle girl who loves naps and is what I call the 'time-keeper'. She reminds everyone to remind me that it's time to be fed. If I want a sleep in, she'll be the first one to wheek when it's getting too late for brekkie and is the first to wheek for veggies at night-time. If I trip over a bag and a pig wheeks? It's Fizzy :p
1378687_10151603846556852_68075695_n.jpg

This is Winnie, she came in as a heavily pregnant foster about 10 months ago. She was a flightly, nervous girl who had had a pretty rough start to life. She, along with 5 other pigs...3 girls, 3 boys, were being used as breeding machines by an 8 year old. This was either her second or third pregnancy. She gave birth to 5 babies and will now enjoy a long, well deserved retirement at my home (...I'm a failure as a foster mum!!!) She's a lovely girl, very gentle with people and slowly coming around to the fact that I'm not going to mistreat her.
936508_10151520459916852_502664537_n.jpg

This is Chrissie, she was Winnie's biggest baby at 90g and she's a spunk. Got a tonne of personality and is forever looking for the next adventure. She's too full of energy to be a good lap-pig but I love watching her out of the cage, always exploring, always popcorning! (Plus, she's ridiculously photogenic!)
1044879_10151435177301852_1197097018_n.jpg

This is Barnsey (a girl too). She's loud. Very, very loud. Never heard a pig wheek this loudly before in my life lol. She's an adventure pig as well, and is quite capable of scaling grid walls...twice I found her in her neighbours cage (Emma and Fizzy's thankfully). Hiding in the corner and going 'help, that nutso pig wants to eat me!' (...Emma). She could get IN but couldn't figure out how to get OUT again.
179787_10151409253491852_1676456351_n.jpg

I'll post about my boys in the next thread.

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
This is Ziggy, he was Winnie's smallest baby at 43g, he was supplemented with Critical Care and had 20 minutes (twice a day) along with Winnie to get extra milk from her. He's turned out to be a big cuddlemuffin, and loves people and snuggle time. Whenever we have guests over (especially kids) he's the first one I get out as he's so laid back and comfortable around people that nothing bothers him. He's a bit of a beast during bath time though. HATES water. Doesn't bite, just squirms and tries to jump into my arms (to safety).

1476140_10151703603631852_335910165_n.jpg

This is Bach. He's...horny. All the time. He's a lovely boy, not so much of a cuddler but he's got a big personality and lots of spunk and he's really hard to get annoyed at (even when it's 3am and he's biting the cage bars trying to 'woo his womens'...who could not give a stuff that he's in the room). He's also a bit of a wuss and is bonded with Ziggy. If we take Ziggy out, we have to take Bach too otherwise Bach frets and starts wheeking. We jokingly threaten him...we'll get him fixed and put him in a girls cage. Where they will proceed to beat him up.
1236668_10151553534701852_606901162_n.jpg

Last, but not least, is Bowie. He's a handsome, gentle boy that was the first to hit 1kg (he's about 1.1kg as of last week). Sadly at around the 8th month mark Bach started beating the crap out of him and we had to separate the boys. All attempts at getting them back together have failed badly. Despite being 150g heavier than Bach, Bowie will not stand up to him. He'll go after Ziggy instead who doesn't take crap from anyone (he's top pig) and then all hell will break lose. He's a lovely boy though, I may have found him a home though with an older boy who recently lost a buddy, so I'm tentatively excited about that (though that pig had a health scare this morning...some sort of fit or seizure so he's being monitored currently and plans to match them up are on hold.)
1234575_10151553274326852_1019118133_n.jpg

And yes, all of Winnie's babies are named after musicians. Sebastian Bach (the Skid Row frontman who also appeared in Gilmore Girls!), Ziggy Stardust, David Bowie (because of their 'eye makeup) and Barnsey (who I originally thought was a boy, so named her Jimmy Barnes after the Aussie rock legend because he screeches when he sings...and she's got the loudest wheeker, we renamed her Mahalia after Jimmy Barnes' daughter but the surname kinda stuck!) and lastly, Chrissie Amphlett. Chrissie was the last one named and we only named her after we heard of the passing of Chrissie Amphlett...seemed apt and it was in keeping with our theme. Winnie was originally Eowyn (all 6 pigs from that rescue were named after LOTR characters) but mum couldn't pronounce that without making me laugh so we shortened it to Winnie.

CavyCzar

Cavy Slave
So many cute piggies.

Here is my herd:
View attachment 59452View attachment 59453
View attachment 59454View attachment 59455
View attachment 59456

a random name i am throwing out there; Spoodles. i saw him and thought SPOODLES. xD

CavyCzar

Cavy Slave
Ziggy is adorable, [MENTION=3987]Aertyn[/MENTION]. he reminds me off my pookie. she HATES water, and the sound of running water. My shirt keeps getting wet with her jumping all over me xD

daisy1cow

Cavy Slave
CAM00102.jpgBaby McKinnleyCAM00214 (1).jpgCAM00215.jpgThe first pic is Finnley, next is McKinnley, his cage mate. The third pic is my silkie Peanut Butter and my texel, Jelly the last pic is of Chicken and Waffles.

Last edited:

nakedwheekers

Cavy Slave
This is Cleveland and Quagmire. :) They are my skinnies. Love them!!!1525423_10100591340386342_623480616_n.jpg

spudsthepiget

Cavy Slave
@Aertyn I love your pigs' names! I love Bowie, The Divinyls and Skid Row :D I saw Sebastian Bach in concert not too long ago and he puts on a great show!

Piggyziggy

Cavy Slave
I don't think there is such thing as an ugly guinea pig or a piggie that isn't cute (not that i thought there was). All the piggie on here are so cute i want to sqeeze them (not literally)
[MENTION=3987]Aertyn[/MENTION] you have a cute little bunch. Your little Ziggy reminds me off my lil' Trixie in both looks and personality.

I can't seem to upload photos now so might try a bit later.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.