Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage 8x4 Cage On A Stand

CavyPpl

Cavy Slave
First I?d like to apologize for the long post and I appreciate everyone?s help. So I have six piggies in my herd, all females, and I currently have them in a 4x6 with a 2x4 loft on the floor. The thing is that I strain my back a lot when I clean their cage because I have to get down on the floor to be able to reach the back so I want to change their cage by taking down the loft and adding it to the first floor basically expanding the cage from 6x4 to 8x4. I?d also like to put the cage on a stand. Build a platform from some grids so that it can be easier for me to clean Instead of having to reach down to the floor etc. to make a long post short my question is: Would a platform of grids be strong enough to support a 8x4 cage? Obviously I?d use A LOT of zip ties as well as adding ?legs? to the platform at every foot (maybe every two feet if it could take the weight?) Do you guys think this would work? Grids aren?t an issue; if I needed to buy more I would I just want to be a hundred percent certain that my girls will be safe if I put their cage on a platform. Thank you all for your help!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
Grids and zip ties are very sturdy, but my concern would be how to reach the back of the cage with it on a stand. I have a 4 x 7, but it's on the floor and I get in it to clean it. I wouldn't be able to reach across four grids to get the back corner.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Do you have space to pull it away from the wall? If you put them on wheels, you can walk around the cage to clean it.

CavyPpl

Cavy Slave
That?s a very good point! I hadn?t considered the difficulty of reaching into the cage to clean it. Although I definitely have the space to wheel it away from the wall to be able to clean the back. My question is how could I attach wheels to the bottom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lissie

Cavy Slave
If you build the stand from wood, you can attach anything to it.

If you build the stand from grids, you can put it on a piece of plywood.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
PM [MENTION=19714]spy9doc[/MENTION]. I think she has wheels on her cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.