Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Holding fleece in place

Chuck

Cavy Slave
I haven't built my cage yet other than putting the grids together. But in the event that the fleece is big enough to go up and over the coro walls, what would be some good things to use to hold it in place there? Would clothes pins be ok? Or do I need something that would hold better like those plastic clips used for potato chip bags? Or any other suggestions?

Aleks

Cavy Slave
A lot of people use binder clips.

Chuck

Cavy Slave
Yeah actually after I posted that I saw a picture of a cage using those lol. I'll probably get some. Thanks!

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
well i put yoga mats underneath mine and i make it kinda like a mattress, everything is in the middle and the edge of the fleece is taped to the bottom of the yoga mats so i can keep the fleece in place easily. You'd need very long fleece for this.

oldnewie

Cavy Slave
well i put yoga mats underneath mine and i make it kinda like a mattress, everything is in the middle and the edge of the fleece is taped to the bottom of the yoga mats so i can keep the fleece in place easily. You'd need very long fleece for this.

How well do the yoga mats work? Do they wick ir absorb? I'm interested to know how good they are as bedding. Thanks.

soccerchickgrp5

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
How well do the yoga mats work? Do they wick ir absorb? I'm interested to know how good they are as bedding. Thanks.

they are very awesome :D i put fleece over uhaul pads that are very absorbent :D and then yoga mats. it works out really well. and i sweep everyday i dont need to but i like to and you just might have some difficulties with long haired piggies. It wicks it and absorbed into the uhaul pads. They are better then bedding and less a mess.

Chuck

Cavy Slave
So the yoga mats are on the very bottom?

oldnewie

Cavy Slave
And how do you wash the yoga mats? Could they be used without fleece on top? How often do you wash them? Do they have tiny holes/spaces in them? Are they thick or thin? Are they like the ones you can buy from those $2 or save$ stores? Seems Chuck & I share the same interest in how they're used....

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.