Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rescue Skinny Pigs for Adoption in Col. Ohio

Melissa123

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I rescued these guys today. They are very underweight and do need some TLC. I will be fostering them for a few weeks then adopting them out. I really want to find them a wonderful, loving FOREVER home(s).

The person was in a hurry to get rid of them and when asked if I would reconsidering taking them my big heart couldn't say no.

There is 3 total; 2 girls and one boy. One girl already has a forever home thanks to @Beth Pearson . The females are most likely pregnant as they were all kept together. They are about 8 months old (so I was told!!) and the ladies have already had a litter a few months ago. From what understand, this person got them from a breeder who was unable to care for them any longer. They were a breeding trio.

I want the best for them and need to make sure that whoever takes these 2 pigs will not breed them again. I need someone who is knowledgeable in pregnancy and willing to either rehome babies to their forever homes or be prepared to keep them.

You also need to be skinny pig savvy or willing to learn! I do plan on making a GPZ ad but right now the website isn't working for me right now

Beth's girl!
nasty.jpg

Females booty and males face
skin.jpg

Nasty cage they all were in! nas.jpg nast.jpg

Female that needs forever home:

Attachments

ski.jpg

Guineapigpro

Cavy Slave
The poor things. :( I do love a success story though, and I'm sure they can get one. :) I would love to hold a rehoming organization one day. :)

CritterSlave

Cavy Slave
I wish you were closer I would gladly take one or both!

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Poor things. You will find them good homes for sure. I wish texas were closer so I could take them.

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
I would totally be willing to travel out of state for the right home for these guys. I just want to find them an awesome home :)

CritterSlave

Cavy Slave
New york is a bit far lol.

aspecht

Cavy Slave
I'm talking to the hubby, but we are just worried about Tink possibly being pregnant lol. I hope someone here can take them! @Beth Pearson is awesome for taking the sweet little girl. :)

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
I wish you the best of luck with these pigs. I am very happy they found their way to you. <3

Beth Pearson

Cavy Slave
I am more than happy to take her. If she is pregnant then I will do everything I can to make sure she has a smooth and safe delivery. I cannot wait to get her, I just wish I didn't have to wait 9 more days!! lol @aspecht, you should totally talk your hubs into getting one :)

aspecht

Cavy Slave
I am more than happy to take her. If she is pregnant then I will do everything I can to make sure she has a smooth and safe delivery. I cannot wait to get her, I just wish I didn't have to wait 9 more days!! lol @aspecht , you should totally talk your hubs into getting one :)

@Beth Pearson, ask @Melissa123, we are definitely discussing it LOL

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
The female after a good coconut oil rub down! :)
femal.jpg fem.jpg fema.jpg

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
Male after a snuggle and some coconut oil time :) I am thinking he is a werewolf skinny since he is fuzzier in the face and back.

male3.jpgmale.jpgmale1.jpgmale2.jpg

CritterSlave

Cavy Slave
Ugh so jealous I want that boy. He is adorable.

Melissa123

Cavy Slave
Ugh so jealous I want that boy. He is adorable.

If you are truly wanting him please PM me. I could totally meet up half way for the right home! :)

CritterSlave

Cavy Slave
If I drove and had a car I would in a heartbeat but that is a very long walk.

madrae

Cavy Slave
I know I could provide a nice home for your girl. Would you be willing to meet me in Fishers, IN?

pandatoco

Cavy Slave
How sad, I'm really glad you rescued them, I would take the female if only I lived closer :'[. Best wishes to the babies!

Beth Pearson

Cavy Slave
I know I could provide a nice home for your girl. Would you be willing to meet me in Fishers, IN?

@madrae, I'm sure @Melissa123 would be able to meet you, if not at least half way for sure :) Looks like it's only 3 hours from you to her. She's amazing at finding something that works for both of you. :)

madrae

Cavy Slave
LOL I'm not in Fishers. I'm near Chicago! But we've made that drive before, and while long, it isn't bad. I figure she's already done so much to rescue the piggys I could go more than 1/2. That's was my max for a round trip in a day. :)

Beth Pearson

Cavy Slave
@madrae, oh okay!! Well hopefully y'all can figure out a time/date and make it happen :) I know these piggies are wanting attention after all they've been through. I know I can't wait to pick up my girl lol The wait is killing me. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.