Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rehoming When we re-home the babies, how do we go about doing that?

Samantha0701

Cavy Slave
Just thinking ahead.....I've got a friend who is interested in the 2 baby piggies. They are only 2 weeks old now so I know we've got a few weeks to wait....but just wondering......

When they are re-homed, do we just remove them from the cage they are living in with Momma and Auntie and that's that? Or is it better to separate them a few days from Momma and Auntie before they go to the new home? Like keep them in a separate cage for a few days but in the same room? Or separate cage in a different room? I don't want it to be traumatic for Momma!

ShadeyPig

Cavy Slave
Aww I dont know... if it was me I would just seperate from mama and send them to the new home. No point stressing them all having them in seperate cages. Mama will be sad when they go though :(

pinky

Cavy Slave
I'd take them directly from their mother to the new home. There's no reason for them to have to make two transitions. Since they're going together, they'll have each other so that will make it less stressful for them. Make sure you rehome two of the same gender together.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Just thinking ahead.....I've got a friend who is interested in the 2 baby piggies. They are only 2 weeks old now so I know we've got a few weeks to wait....but just wondering......

When they are re-homed, do we just remove them from the cage they are living in with Momma and Auntie and that's that? Or is it better to separate them a few days from Momma and Auntie before they go to the new home? Like keep them in a separate cage for a few days but in the same room? Or separate cage in a different room? I don't want it to be traumatic for Momma!

If they're 2 weeks old, you only have one week left. The boys need to be separated from mom at 3 weeks old.

You could send them to their new home directly. No need to keep in a separate cage for a few days, unless your friend is not ready to take them yet.

Samantha0701

Cavy Slave
If they're 2 weeks old, you only have one week left. The boys need to be separated from mom at 3 weeks old.

You could send them to their new home directly. No need to keep in a separate cage for a few days, unless your friend is not ready to take them yet.

Both babies are girls. I'm pretty sure of that and showed pictures on here to sex them and almost everyone said girls. I'm going to take new pictures and get everyone's opinions one more time, just to be sure.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Both babies are girls. I'm pretty sure of that and showed pictures on here to sex them and almost everyone said girls. I'm going to take new pictures and get everyone's opinions one more time, just to be sure.

My apologies. I misread your first post as "I've got a friend who is interested in the 2 boy piggies."

Since they are both girls, they can stay with mom until your friend is ready to take them. No need to separate before that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.