Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Could we have a patterns sticky?

lost_lover

Cavy Slave
I really do not have patterns but I know that I am always searching back through the threads looking for other people's patterns. Maybe people could post their patterns or links to threads with them?

Obviously someone else would need to do whatever it is to make something a sticky. Really probably just make a new thread without my weird intro lol.

pigger123

Cavy Slave
Do you mean patterns as in tutorials for sewing stuff?

NikkisPigs

Cavy Slave
I like that idea! I could definitely use a nice page to look back to to make new things for my piggies ^_^

trenbeau

Cavy Slave
BUMP! I would be very interested in this!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
@guineapigcraz27 some people just make strips of fleece then just tie the ends on a grid.

Karine Curry

Cavy Slave
I would also be interested in this! :D

Party Guineas

Cavy Slave
I have a thread to make a cuddle cup: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/17507-How-to-Make-a-Cuddle-Cup-(requires-sewing)
And does any body have a good instructions on how to make a fleece forests? I have always wanted to get one of those but their kinda pricey on the fleece store.

I just took two plywood strips, attached velcro strips to them and to two fleece rectangles, long enough to dangle to the floor on both sides and the length of the plywood, cut strips into the fleece, and viola! The plywood lies across the top of the grids - I attached some string with tape at the ends of the plywood to tie the wood onto the grids for extra security. I hope that makes sense?

And yes, please! This would be great!

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
I just took two plywood strips, attached velcro strips to them and to two fleece rectangles, long enough to dangle to the floor on both sides and the length of the plywood, cut strips into the fleece, and viola! The plywood lies across the top of the grids - I attached some string with tape at the ends of the plywood to tie the wood onto the grids for extra security. I hope that makes sense?

And yes, please! This would be great!

Thanks it makes perfect sense! I just I have stop of a Joanns and get more fleece.

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
If you want step by step instructions for the tunnel just scroll down some and you'll see them.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I make my fleece forest/hideaway a little different to most. I get a strip the width of a grid, and the length of three. Divide it up : Untitled.jpgand cut the two end panels in to nine strips. I make two of these, put one horizontally and one vertically, and you can see the "finished product" in this picture DSCF4953.jpg

I suppose mine's more hidey than forest, but you could always tie strips to the centre of the grid and have an interior forest. I prefer having a "roof" because my girls seem to feel much more secure in it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.