Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Guinea pig dumps his food on the ground.

DroidGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Every day after placing Fresh Prince's food bowl on the floor of the cage he knocks it over and eats the pellets off the ground. Should I be concerned and is this normal? Thanks!

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Every day after placing Fresh Prince's food bowl on the floor of the cage he knocks it over and eats the pellets off the ground.

There's nothing wrong with it.....except that it's annoying to us. Want to stop it? Get a bowl that he can't scoot around nor pick up the edge in his teeth and move it or turn it over.

I have posted a pic of the answer to a similar dilemma. It is a stainless bowl from Target that has a rubber rim on the bottom so that it can't be scooted, nor can he pick it up with his teeth. Best of all, it is quite inexpensive.

Target - bowl.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The Staybowl also works well.

butterflylover5

Cavy Slave
My pigs do this too. I bought a fairly heavy ceramic bowl in hopes that they wouldn't spill it but every time I fill it, it happens within a few seconds. Oh well, it still gets eaten! I'll have to look at the Staybowl...

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
I'll have to look at the Staybowl...

I did look at it and it is a clever design. But, my feeling is why not buy the bowl from Target when it is half the price of the StayBowl and of much better construction?

butterflylover5

Cavy Slave
I did look at it and it is a clever design. But, my feeling is why not buy the bowl from Target when it is half the price of the StayBowl and of much better construction?

For sure! Did you buy it online at Target or in store?

Cheestachio

Cavy Slave
My boys do this too. As soon as i turn my back I can hear the pellets scattering. It isnt a big problem, just frustrating. What I use now is a dish with a rubber bottom. Its still light so i actually put the ceramic dish inside it so it cant be lifted, flipped or moved. Maybe not the most practical solution but it works!

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Did you buy it online at Target or in store?

I think you can do either. I found it at my local Target. I like the bowl so much that I recently bought another for the future. But, it is so well-constructed that I can't imagine the current one wearing out. It is one of the few things in the cage that the boys don't attempt to chew! lol

butterflylover5

Cavy Slave
I think you can do either. I found it at my local Target. I like the bowl so much that I recently bought another for the future. But, it is so well-constructed that I can't imagine the current one wearing out. It is one of the few things in the cage that the boys don't attempt to chew! lol

Awesome! What section did you find it in?

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Awesome! What section did you find it in?

Why the pet section......where else? lol Perhaps your local Target may be different, but every Target in my area has a relatively small pet section and everything is in one compact location. It's not like going into a dedicated pet store where it could be easily overlooked.

butterflylover5

Cavy Slave
Why the pet section......where else? lol Perhaps your local Target may be different, but every Target in my area has a relatively small pet section and everything is in one compact location. It's not like going into a dedicated pet store where it could be easily overlooked.

Oh gottcha! Thought it would either be in the pets section or the kids section haha! Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.