Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Toy idea's please?

Lishar

Cavy Slave
Hi guys! I don't come around much anymore, and its been ages since I have made a topic... But i'm sure some of you still remember me. :)

My piggy boys haven't had a new toy in a while... I was wondering if you guys had any ideas for some homemade toys?
I would buy stuff to make them if it isn't to expensive or hard to find!
I'm sure you guys have plenty of idea's!

Thank you!

ThePigSlave

Cavy Slave
Toilet paper/paper towel roles are always a big hit. But you probably already know that :p. What are you giving them now?

Lishar

Cavy Slave
Yup, I know that. :) But I haven't got on in there at the moment, I might put one in in a second! Thanks!

All I have in there right now is a small arch tunnel thingy I made, and their two houses.
So yeah... I really need some more toys for them! :/

Going to go get a toilet paper roll now!

EDIT: Toilet paper roll is put in! Mo is playing with it now. :)

WheekingPiggies

Cavy Slave
I made my pigs a hay ball using a ka-bob and a toilet paper tube. They absolutely love it! Here's the tutorial on it: [video=youtube;qZR2Rzk0_8Q]

Lishar

Cavy Slave
Thanks for putting up the tutorial! :)
Unfortunately I can't watch it... Since we have nearly 0 internet usage left... :(
From the pic at the start of it though, I think I get the idea. ^-^

Thanks!

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
Popsicle sticks can be made into anything. You can make tunnel,hides and mazes. You can look up homemade hamster toys and just change sizes. I have been trying to make my own willow balls but fail. They still love to have willow branches though. Just make sure no pesticides are sprayed on it and wash it off as usual. Then I just make tunnel out of whatever comes up. Like oatmeal containers old bread crumb containers. Also if it is hot put a brick or two in their. Or you can just put it there mine love them. I can't think of any others right now. Sorry. >_<

Lishar

Cavy Slave
Thanks cheshirekris! :)

I will look up homemade hamster toys, sounds like a good idea.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Fleece forests are a big hit around here. Paper bags with a door and window cut out is also a big hit. I make the door by cutting it into strips and they love darting in and out of it.

BestGuineaPigs

Cavy Slave
This is Sweetlilpiggies channel. I subscribe to her channel.
[video=youtube;y2AwiD7nC_E]

Lishar

Cavy Slave
Thanks guys! I did end up making a big fleece forest! Its funny how much they like those things! xD
I think they like to be in it more than there hidies. :)

WilburPig

Cavy Slave
Thanks guys! I did end up making a big fleece forest! Its funny how much they like those things! xD
I think they like to be in it more than there hidies. :)

WilburPig

Cavy Slave
Have you tried Parrot Rings, Barrels & Pudgies or Nubbies??
Why the use of The Parrot Rings, Barrels & Pudgies, Nubbies over toilet paper rolls & paper towel rolls...The Parrot Rings, Barrels & Pudgies, Nubbies cardboard tubes are safe to use, to be chewed on...even if they sit soaking in a water dish for the day. They are non-toxic from the paper to the glue that is does not contain any animal-derived ingredients used. No scents or flavoring are added either. These products should replace the toilet paper & paper towels rolls...generally a chemical based glue is used, it's cheap. Plus the glues used are rated upon how much human contact would be done. Then there are the tubes used with scented toilet paper or the heavily chemical processed paper towels, those really, really white towels…these chemicals can leech into the cardboard tube... How about soaking in a water dish for a day?? or in your creature's saliva as they chew, carry or stuff in their face.
Also beware that not all corrugated boxes are 'glued' the same either.
Take a moment & read the toy part info:
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
Parts only can be found at: (broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.