Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Video of a rippling pregnant belly.

stray hares

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
This isn't a question, so I hope it's okay to post in the Pregnancy and Babies sub-forum. I managed to capture a video of the moving belly of one of my micro-rescue's pregnant females and thought it's pretty fascinating (and scary at the same time) so I thought people might like to see it.

Perdita is nearly full term, and her babies are very active and are nearly ready to come out. Perdita came to New BeGUINEAings as an underweight, extremely skittish, pregnant female, with both mites and fungal, and it's been wonderful seeing her blossom into a friendly, calm, healthy pig. Hopefully she will give birth safely. In her previous home she was essentially used as a breeding machine/money maker/mill pig by a backyard breeder. This will be, obviously, her last litter.

Happy times ahead, fingers crossed.

In terms of this video though, I think the best part is right after the 1:10 mark. Eee.

[video=youtube;tP4M-3iZERU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP4M-3iZERU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

pineapplepigs

Cavy Slave
Good luck!! I hope everything goes smoothly and mommy stays healthy along with the babies!!

stray hares

Cavy Slave
Thanks, [MENTION=30751]pineapplepigs[/MENTION]! Everyone is doing well so far, so I'm hoping for a smooth birth and long healthy life afterwards for all of them. :)

pigger123

Cavy Slave
It's so cool how you can see the babies moving around in there, I remember that from when my piggy was pregnant. Fingers crossed for an uneventful birth and healthy piggies! You have to post pigtures of the piglets when they're born. ;)

Rywen

Cavy Slave
That looks so uncomfortable, poor piggie. I hope you will post baby pigtures when the little ones come.

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Thanks for sharing that.. That was so cool. Do you know how many babies they are?

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
Gez, just watching that brings back memories of being pregnant! I think I might be in the minority when I say that that alway grossed me out. I know it's suppose to be so wonderful and all but at no other time in your life would you think squirming in your belly was cool...lol. I inwardly cringe every time bpatters tells someone they'll be able to hear their teeth gnashing at 9(?) weeks. Eww.

SomethingFunny

Cavy Slave
That's really neat, but wow it must be uncomfortable! I hope she delivers soon and that everyone is healthy.

RuckusMom

Cavy Slave
I loved when my baby would move around in my belly! It was our first form of communication! Very cool video.

stray hares

Cavy Slave
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I will post pictures when the babies arrive!

[MENTION=10133]RodentsRus[/MENTION] I'm guessing there are 2-3 babies in there... and yes, [MENTION=30035]barbaramudge[/MENTION] there are grinding teeth noises occasionally. I can't imagine it's easy to get a decent night's sleep when you're a heavily pregnant guinea pig (or heavily pregnant anything, for that matter!).

stray hares

Cavy Slave
It turns out that very active belly was just one very active pup. Perdita and baby doing well. Baby weighed 134 grams at birth. If I had known baby was a mini-monster I would have been far more anxious. At least luckily Perdita was sensible and calm about the whole situation.

Perdita_baby_zps9b8d9beb.jpg

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
OMG how cute.. Is the pup as active as she/he in the video?

stray hares

Cavy Slave
The little one was running around and chewing on the step stool hidey in the cage about 5 minutes after being born. I think (?? give me a few days to be sure!) she is a girl, and an extremely cheeky, calm (already doesn't mind being picked up and patted!), inquisitive one at that. She is very, very active. She's going to be a handful!

Rywen

Cavy Slave
She's adorable!

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
Do you ever just want to pick that baby up and rub it on your cheek?! So stinkin cute. I would want to nuzzle it all the time :)

stray hares

Cavy Slave
*cough* I may or may not have already done that...

I need to go to work, but was seriously considering calling in, er, sick (obsessive piggy cuddling, OPC, is a thing right?). I do have to let mum and bub spend time together though. ;) Baby is feeding really well which is good!

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
She is adorable! What are you going to name her??

pigger123

Cavy Slave
Such a precious piglet! Lol, I actually stayed home from school the day after my Pumpkin had her pups. :)

stray hares

Cavy Slave
Okay, so after coming home from work and having a proper look at the little one, I actually am almost completely certain bubba is a boy (oops, never sex guinea pigs after only 4 hours of sleep, ha). In which case, his name will be Seymour. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.