Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pellets Strange? Kms alfalfa vs timothy hay pellets

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I've had Bella Rose since 3 weeks old. Many days, not everyday, I see either white sludge like milk spilled on the fleece or thicker white on the fleece from her passing calcium. I just stopped with the dandelion greens and cut down the parsley. Since she's still a baby at 3.5 months until 6 mo I haven't messed with the pellets because of other stuff in it like protein. I go from kms alfalfa to sometimes mixing with timothy based.

I looked at the % analysis of both kms pellets and for alfalfa, protein is 18 and calcium .41. For timothy protein is 14 and calcium is .54. So in their brand, calcium is a little higher in timothy which is the opposite of what they say vs the 2 types. So it seems to me the key for babies may very well be protein rather than calcium.

Anyone else have a baby that passes calcium sometimes high amount? Just get stressed when I see this as a baby. Mooshy was 6 mo when I got her..

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Aren't those figures guaranteed minimums?

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Aren't those figures guaranteed minimums?
yeah I see max and mins, which is hard to tell which is better for babies, or adults.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.