Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from Indiana

robinmosborne

Cavy Slave
My name is Robin and last week my husband, kids and I adopted two female guinea pigs from a local rescue. These are our first ever and we have learned so much about them already. We have named them Patches and Cuddles and so far they are warming up to us. We got a cage from the rescue and after doing some research we have found out that it is too small so we will be making a C&C cage for them.
20150627_040759.jpg

mdodge

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome. thank you for rescuing them they are so cute.you'll find tons of resources and incredible advice here.good luck with your girls.

PandaPiggle

Cavy Slave
Welcome, they're absolutely adorable and I just want to cuddle them both (because I don't know which one is Cuddles). And kudos for rescuing and not buying! We around here are not fans of pet stores! You can also try and get supplies elsewhere to prevent supporting the pet stores and show them you don't support their treatment of guinea pigs.

If you have any questions, even seemingly stupid ones, but can't find an answer, don't hesitate to ask! We're a pretty nice bunch and there are people here with tons of experience, but not so much me, I've only got a little over a year :)

robinmosborne

Cavy Slave
Cuddles is the brown and white one and Patches is the tricolor.

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Patches and Cuddles are adorable! Congratulations on your new family members. They look kind of like my two in their coloring.

lmaraya

Cavy Gazer
I'm also from Indiana! How exciting to meet someone that's also from here [emoji2] @robinmosborne

robinmosborne

Cavy Slave
I'm also from Indiana! How exciting to meet someone that's also from here [emoji2] @robinmosborne
What part of Indiana? I'm in southern Indiana.

lmaraya

Cavy Gazer
I recently just moved back to Central Indiana. There for a bit while I was in college I lived in Vincennes.

robinmosborne

Cavy Slave
We are about 20 min from Louisville KY. So probably a few hours from you

GiuneaPigLover

Cavy Slave
@robinmosborne, great to have you here and you have some cute piggies. Welcome

bayni

Cavy Slave
What rescue did you get them from. Sure wish I had known there was a piggy rescue. I just got two babies from a shop not knowing any of this until week after I got them. And now I'm sitting here going well poo I could have saved some piggies. I'm also in your area.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

missguineaginns

Cavy Slave
Welcome:) I live sort of not close in Illinois. Enjoy your babies! They are super cute!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome...

HollyLeaf

Cavy Slave
Welcome. Your pigs are so cute. Congrats! :)

What rescue did you get them from. Sure wish I had known there was a piggy rescue. I just got two babies from a shop not knowing any of this until week after I got them. And now I'm sitting here going well poo I could have saved some piggies. I'm also in your area.

@bayni, don't feel too bad. You didn't know. Many people on this forum made the same mistake, including me, before joining. But now you know, and can help enlighten other new pig owners on the importance of adopting. That's why this forum is here, to help others understand the need for a larger cage and adopting and so on. Your pet store pigs are no less important than ones that are adopted. Most rescue pigs started out in a pet store anyway. You're just not supporting that pet store when you adopt. I don't love my two pet store girls any less than my adopted sow. They are all such great pigs. Besides, you'll have many more chances in the future to adopt. Unfortunately pigs are being dumped in shelters constantly, so there is no shortage. Don't think about where you got your pigs anymore. Just think about how much you love them anyway and want to spoil them rotten. :)

bayni

Cavy Slave
@HollyLeaf thank you so much for your kind words. I have already started talking to my husband about adopting a third maybe a neutered male as soon as I can figure out where to go. The shelter around my area only has cats and dogs. :(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.