Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My piggie intro

Power Piggies

Cavy Slave
Thanks! She is really warming up to us. She has starting seeking me out if I am near the cage.

Power Piggies

Cavy Slave
Well Sparkle is now Elsa and we got her a "sister", Anna. (We have a three year old daughter if you can't tell!)

They are settled in and happy little pigs. Anna was rescued fro Craigslist. She had a tiny little pet store cage with about 6 inches of nasty bedding and very little human contact. She still screams like she is being killed when I pick her up, but she is starting to come out for treats. Their cage is 48x30, but I am now building a C&C that is 70x35. They are very spoiled!

Attachments

10726235_784307628291531_629424185_n.jpg

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! I'm Stephanie :) Your pigs are soooo cute!!! Thank you so much for rescuing and wanting to do everything right for them. My two girls are Princess Penelope and Miss Maybelline (I don't have a daughter I'm just sassy lol) They really are addicting. I've had my girls for almost a year now, and I'm already itching for a third haha they are just so cute and so much fun I can't even stand it. I gotta just kiss their fat furry faces. <3

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
hello and welcome :]

koalamissy

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the family!!! Sparkle is absolutely adorable. I don't have any piggies yet (definitely within the next few months though), but I love doing the research on here so I know what to get ahead of time (already planning my C&C cage, bedding, etc. Once I'm moved into my new place, I'm going to contact the Humane League and see if they have any for adoption and if not, to see if they'll keep me on a list for when they do. The bow is very cute. Thank your daughter for making her look adorable!!!

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the family!!! Sparkle is absolutely adorable. I don't have any piggies yet (definitely within the next few months though), but I love doing the research on here so I know what to get ahead of time (already planning my C&C cage, bedding, etc. Once I'm moved into my new place, I'm going to contact the Humane League and see if they have any for adoption and if not, to see if they'll keep me on a list for when they do. The bow is very cute. Thank your daughter for making her look adorable!!!

I got mine at our humane society but if yours is like mine they don't get many very often and when they do they usually stay there for a long time. You can also check out the classifieds connected to this forum guinea pig zone. There is also petfinder and Craigslist you can check out many people here get them off of Craigslist. You just have to be careful its not a breeder or anything. Many people put their pigs on Craigslist to rehome them because they don't realize there are guinea pig shelters or rescues out there. Guinea pig zone would even have guinea pig shelters/rescues near you listed just type in where you live. There are many places other than you humane society you can check out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.