Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Homeschooled

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
Plus, we get to spend more time with our guinea pigs! :eek::eek::eek:

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Bullies are nasty, sorry to hear that about you joys_cavies
I didn't feel like I had friends because nobody took much notice of me so I wnated to do correspondense school instead. Then I was tired all the time, I couldn't concentrate in class, I was either too cold or too hot and I got bad colds all the time. It turned out that I had hypothyroidism. I dropped school to do homeschooling so I could focus on getting better, and also I had hated school a lot.

Overall, I love homeschooling, it is great!
It's hard for me to focus cause I'm used to regular school and it was just easier for me to do school while talking with my friends. Question: what's hypothyroidism

animalmadlover

Cavy Slave
It's hard for me to focus cause I'm used to regular school and it was just easier for me to do school while talking with my friends. Question: what's hypothyroidism

Its an underactive thyroid. A gland that sits below your throat and produces hormones to help you function! :)
So hypothyroidism or underactive thyroid means that its not producing enough hormones and causes problems. These need to be taken by medication.

So an over-active thyroid is when the thyroid is producing too many hormones and working too hard. Both types require medication.

Yeah, it causes all sorts of problems if its even slightly underactive or overactive. Its annoying because it can't fix itself, if you have it your on medication for life :weepy:

animalmadlover

Cavy Slave
So theres a biology lesson for you! :D

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Its an underactive thyroid. A gland that sits below your throat and produces hormones to help you function! :)
So hypothyroidism or underactive thyroid means that its not producing enough hormones and causes problems. These need to be taken by medication.

So an over-active thyroid is when the thyroid is producing too many hormones and working too hard. Both types require medication.

Yeah, it causes all sorts of problems if its even slightly underactive or overactive. Its annoying because it can't fix itself, if you have it your on medication for life :weepy:
Lol. That's sad. My chest area (not sure where the colon is. Pretty sure it's in that area tho) flares up when I have stuff I can't have. My mom thinks I have a cyst in my colon

animalmadlover

Cavy Slave
Lol. That's sad. My chest area (not sure where the colon is. Pretty sure it's in that area tho) flares up when I have stuff I can't have. My mom thinks I have a cyst in my colon

Thats a worry. Speaking of health, my mums friend has the possibility of breast cancer. Ironically she is a nurse!

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Thats a worry. Speaking of health, my mums friend has the possibility of breast cancer. Ironically she is a nurse!
Ironically my doctor has breastfeeding cancer. I know I shouldn't laugh and I'm sorry but I find it funny that she's a doctor and has breast cancer. Thankfully she's almost done with treatment

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
Homeschooler question: Do you get longer, the same, or shorter vacations/ breaks?

The only time I have a break from school work is on birthdays/Holidays (Or when I finish the grade I was working on, and my dad is ordering the next grade)

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
The only time I have a break from school work is on birthdays/Holidays (Or when I finish the grade I was working on, and my dad is ordering the next grade)
Ordering the next grade? So you don't get weekends off?

animalmadlover

Cavy Slave
I'm learning about graphic novels for english lol! There is a whole workbook for me to get through. Right now, I'm listing the pros and cons of comics!

Guinepig

Cavy Slave
Anyone know of some safe photo editing websites?

HugglesBubble

Cavy Slave
Photo editing o.o...uhm.. Photoshop o/ oh but that's a application..nvm

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
I'm learning about graphic novels for english lol! There is a whole workbook for me to get through. Right now, I'm listing the pros and cons of comics!
Wow

HugglesBubble

Cavy Slave
Con: exaggeration

HugglesBubble

Cavy Slave
Con : exaggeration xD

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.