Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Just want to say thanks.

schuksudoon

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Within the past two years I have been completely smitten with guinea pigs, before that, I was sadly unfamiliar with these perfect little creatures. Whenever I get a second of free time, I'm logged on to see what sort of things I can learn.

I just really wanted to take a second to thank everyone on this site, whether it be moderators or members, you have all helped me tremendously.

I went from two Petco guinea pigs (mis-sexed, so they resulted in a litter of three) to understanding why adopting or rescuing is so much better for pigs, and honestly more rewarding for me as an owner as well. Currently I have eight lady guineas, all adopted from craigslist or from people who got my name from mutual friends.

I feel like I'm so much more well-informed on care and maintenance for my furry friends, and it's all thanks to you. I feel like literally any problem I have, I can do a quick search on here and find an answer fast, and I just want to say thank you. Guineapigcages.com is such a valuable resource, and everyone on here has impacted lives for the better, I have no doubt. Thank you so much for being here and being such an asset for guinea pig owners everywhere.

Moderators, specifically thank you to you guys for always having helpful input for members. It is greatly appreciated, I know. @bpatters @lissie @CavyMama @Inle_Rabbit @foggycreekcavy and more. Thank you so much for putting in the time to affect both owners and guinea pigs alike. Thank you also to members for always being so helpful. :) I can't get over how much I love this site.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Thanks for the thanks, but they really should go to Cavyspirit. She's the owner, manager, maintainer, promoter, whatever of this site and several others pertaining to the welfare of guinea pigs. If it weren't for her, none of this would be here.

schuksudoon

Cavy Slave
And of course @CavySpirit ! I was going to put that at the end, but got post happy and submitted before I did so. Not very good at planning things out. :)

Bottom line, thank you for anyone involved for this fantastic and resourceful site. It's very much appreciated by me and I'm sure by hundreds of others as well!

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Aw, thank you so much! This site is fantastic and CavySpirit does need a big round of applause. She has done so much for the wellfare of guinea pigs all over the world. My husband and I viewed a house over the summer and in the kids' room there was a 2x5 C&C cage with two happy little piggies. It made my whole week! I would have never had seen that if it were not for the hard work CavySpirit has put in! =D

janinehunt

Cavy Slave
I agree! Thanks for the wealth of information and the support available on this forum. I am nearly as addicted to this forum as I am to my piggies! :D

Triksey

Cavy Slave
I also thank everyone!! my kids and I recently volunteered for a local shelter adoptathon and I recommended this site to anyone that would listen!! lol

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I can't even imagine how many people @CavySpirit has educated by running this site and how many guinea pigs have improved lives because of it. I was a standard "buy a guinea pig from a pet store" person before I came here. I learned my lesson, both in reading here and in having that poor little piggy die of a URI. Because of this site, my next pigs were all rescues, and they all have the best life I can give them now, with bigger cages, lots of fresh veggies, and general spoilage. Imagine the ripple effect of all the people who came here and gained the same knowledge and made similar changes in their piggy care. That's a pretty significant contribution to animal welfare!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.