Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hiya! Semi-New Cavy Owner :)

TeddyandOatmeal

Cavy Slave
Hey there, my name's Grainger! I've had two pigs, Manolo and Teddy, since December of 2015, and they were a great source of happiness in my life. They loved each others company, and would always play while I was trying to sleep. They were both very handsome boys!
Unfortunately, Manny passed away a few months ago, and since then, Teddy's been very reserved. I haven't heard him chirp or squeak for food since Manny passed. So, my friend, who's guinea pig unexpectedly gave birth to a litter, has offered me the only male of the litter! The two had a playdate earlier today, and got along very well. :) I've named the male Oatmeal, Oatie for short! He'll be coming home a week from now!
IMG_3182.JPG.jpg
Teddy is a mature smooth coat boar, and has a nice personality! He's a bit stubborn and greedy, but he's a pretty lovable boy.
Oatmeal is a 3 week old texel, and a gorgeous little buddy. He loves to squeak at everything!!
Teddy was kind of depressed without Manny for a while, but I arranged a new nice floor time area for him recently. I've never seen him popcorn before in my life, but as soon as I put him on the floor, he got zoomies and popcorned around everywhere! I brought out his fluffy bed that he likes to lay in, and he hopped right into it after he was done playing. He actually just loves sleeping anywhere!
IMG_3590.JPG.jpgIMG_3598.JPG.jpgIMG_3601.JPG.jpg
Teddy lives in an All Living Things® Rabbit cage, but I'll be building him a much larger wood cage soon.

Attachments

IMG_3175.jpg

TeddyandOatmeal

Cavy Slave
Here are some more photos:
IMG_3582.JPG.jpgIMG_3583.JPG.jpgIMG_3180.JPG.jpgIMG_3181.JPG.jpg

ryliem

Cavy Slave
They are so cute! I'm sorry for your loss, but congratulations for you new addition!

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Teddy and Oatmeal are adorable! I'm sorry you lost Manny. Please let your friend know Oatmeal needs to be separated from his mom and sisters at 3 weeks old to make sure he doesn't get them pregnant.

TeddyandOatmeal

Cavy Slave
@Rywen He's already separated! :) Thank you for the advice!

Colalatte

Cavy Gazer
Aww! They are both so adorable! I'm so sorry for your loss, losing a piggie is a horrible expirience.

Shieme

Cavy Slave
Both of your guys are cuties. Oatmeal is a perfect name for him, he looks like oatmeal. Great now I'm hungry for oatmeal!

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Congratulations! Your boys are so cute :D I'm so sorry you had to lose Manny. He's over the Rainbow Bridge now, eating all of his favorite veggies and playing with all of his new piggie friends :love:

Just a suggestion, instead of a wooden cage why don't you give C&C cages a shot? I think building a wooden cage would be pretty expensive, especially since guinea pigs need a lot of room, compared to a C&C. It's a very popular cage choice for guinea pigs and rabbits. There are hundreds of pictures of C&C cages in the Photo Galleries; you're likely to get inspired! The Main page of this site also has a lot of info on C&C cages and the cage size standards for guinea pigs (Keep in mind that you will have to have a cage that will be big enough to suit your 2 boars! Boars need more room than females. The cage size and their personalities decide how well they get along. The bigger the cage the better so go as big as you can.).

TeddyandOatmeal

Cavy Slave
I actually bought and ordered the supplies for a C&C cage not long ago! I realised a wooden one might be hard to make and maintain, lol.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.