Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Cage design ideas!

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
Oh wow thank you for saying that! I had no idea that they were a bad idea. That would make sense though, that they are trying to establish who is dominant each time. I just foolishly figured that it was good for him to interaction with another guinea pig, similar to how people bring their dogs to dog parks to play with other dogs. Sorry lovecavey for giving you bad information! Oops! :eek:hmy:

It's ok aha were all here to learn I suppose ^_^

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
All right I'll stop them. I just hope my little guy doesn't get depressed or something :/

He'll be sad to be alone yes, but it's not any better for him be stressed out by being put together with another pig, then separated, then put together, then separated.

He'll have a permanent friend soon enough when you finish your beautiful cage. :)

If he starts acting sad the only thing you can do is give him more lap time and interaction with you until he gets his new buddy.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
The people who have guinea pigs in separate cages but next to each other is fine. I'm sure once you find him a permanent friend he'll be fine.I currently have a pig who just lost his brother and has never lived alone before. I'm in the process of finding him a friend as long as you give him extra love and attention he should be okay. Now that my boy is alone he receives longer out of cage time and extra attention and cuddles.

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
He'll be sad to be alone yes, but it's not any better for him be stressed out by being put together with another pig, then separated, then put together, then separated.

He'll have a permanent friend soon enough when you finish your beautiful cage. :)

If he starts acting sad the only thing you can do is give him more lap time and interaction with you until he gets his new buddy.

I can't wait for the cage to be finished :3 I wish I made more money and had less bills to pay so I could get it done faster xD

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
The people who have guinea pigs in separate cages but next to each other is fine. I'm sure once you find him a permanent friend he'll be fine.I currently have a pig who just lost his brother and has never lived alone before. I'm in the process of finding him a friend as long as you give him extra love and attention he should be okay. Now that my boy is alone he receives longer out of cage time and extra attention and cuddles.

I'm sorry to hear that :( you must be having a hard time too. I'll be sure to give him more love but he doesn't really like lap time. He gets annoyed and pulls at my clothes till I put him down

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
It's ok aha were all here to learn I suppose ^_^

Exactly we're all here to lean on one another and help one another, I honestly don't know where I would be without this forum and the people here.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry to hear that :( you must be having a hard time too. I'll be sure to give him more love but he doesn't really like lap time. He gets annoyed and pulls at my clothes till I put him down

My pig Gin-Gin who passed didn't like lap time either so I always just placed a lap pad beside me and let him lay next to me. If your ever on a couch you could lay a few towels down next to you at least he can be near you and you can interact with him.

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
I can't wait for the cage to be finished :3 I wish I made more money and had less bills to pay so I could get it done faster xD

Haha believe me I know the feeling. I would go fleece crazy and make them every type of cozy thing I could think of! Also thank you for sending me the link to carislittlepiggies, even though now I'm even more fleece hungry than I was before :p she has SO many fleece things that are all so adorable!! haha She quickly became my favorite guinea-pig-owner YouTuber. :)

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
[ QUOTE=Lovecavy13;896313]I'm sorry to hear that :( you must be having a hard time too. I'll be sure to give him more love but he doesn't really like lap time. He gets annoyed and pulls at my clothes till I put him down[/QUOTE]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413044846.677834.jpg

Right now this is what he plays In all day (he already ate all his veggies which is why the pen is so empty (his water bottles in the corner you can't really see it but it's there) and he completely trashes his little hay toy)

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Haha believe me I know the feeling. I would go fleece crazy and make them every type of cozy thing I could think of! Also thank you for sending me the link to carislittlepiggies, even though now I'm even more fleece hungry than I was before :p she has SO many fleece things that are all so adorable!! haha She quickly became my favorite guinea-pig-owner YouTuber. :)

I've seen her on YouTube as well I kind of just stumbled upon one of her videos but Laura piggiepigpigs is still my personal favorite. :D

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
My pig Gin-Gin who passed didn't like lap time either so I always just placed a lap pad beside me and let him lay next to me. If your ever on a couch you could lay a few towels down next to you at least he can be near you and you can interact with him.

I used to let him cuddle up with me on my bed but a bunch of people told me it was a bad idea. The only time he wants to cuddle with me is if I have veggies or am playing a video game ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413045718.852325.jpg

(I happy faced my friend out for privacy reasons but he'll sit for hours watching and if you try and move him he'll run right back to that spot and watch)

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave

If he is still new it takes a while for them to get used to you. Do you have him wrapped in anything? If not he might not feel secure. Having him in a blanket where he can burrow or a cuddle sack so his head is covered are two great options to make him feel safer and if he feels safer he'll be more relaxed. Also another great thing to do is have veggie time on your lap! :) Especially since you only have him, it makes it super easy. Just hand feed him his veggies a piece at a time, that way he associates lap time and your hand with complete bliss lol. Pet him while giving him veggies too. Then after he's done just keep petting and talking to him until he either starts biting again or if he starts biting right away after his veggies I'd just keep petting him until he calms down. Sometimes they will and sometimes they won't haha it just depends on the pig but definitely try this for a good couple months everyday and you just may see a difference in a few weeks. Also even if he never likes cuddle time, this will still make him so much tamer and chill with you. :)

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave

You're very welcome ^_^ I don't have a favorite youtubers yet but I adored her cage obviously xD

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
If he is still new it takes a while for them to get used to you. Do you have him wrapped in anything? If not he might not feel secure. Having him in a blanket where he can burrow or a cuddle sack so his head is covered are two great options to make him feel safer and if he feels safer he'll be more relaxed. Also another great thing to do is have veggie time on your lap! :) Especially since you only have him, it makes it super easy. Just hand feed him his veggies a piece at a time, that way he associates lap time and your hand with complete bliss lol. Pet him while giving him veggies too. Then after he's done just keep petting and talking to him until he either starts biting again or if he starts biting right away after his veggies I'd just keep petting him until he calms down. Sometimes they will and sometimes they won't haha it just depends on the pig but definitely try this for a good couple months everyday and you just may see a difference in a few weeks. Also even if he never likes cuddle time, this will still make him so much tamer and chill with you. :)

That's a great idea ^_^ he's a pretty chill pig and he'll do anything for a carrot xD like literally he does his own little tricks for them (he stands up and spins and gives me his paw)

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave

He let's me interact with him but it has to be on his terms. He HATES being lifted and will bite if not handled exactly perfectly. But in i sit in his pen he'll come sit next to me and let he pet him and if I pet him while he's in his cage he purrs and will poke my hand if I stop :3 he's a good pig he just has definite likes and dislikes

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Alot of pigs don't like being picked up my Cinna won't even let you touch him when he's in his cage. Like literally I'm not kidding even if I put my hand 5 inches from him he runs and hides. And when I pick him up I have to hold him really close to my body. Once he's out he's fine it's just inside the cage and being picked up he's not to thrilled over. If he doesn't feel secure enough he hates it so usual I have to use a lap pad or cuddle sack to pick him up.

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
Alot of pigs don't like being picked up my Cinna won't even let you touch him when he's in his cage. Like literally I'm not kidding even if I put my hand 5 inches from him he runs and hides. And when I pick him up I have to hold him really close to my body. Once he's out he's fine it's just inside the cage and being picked up he's not to thrilled over. If he doesn't feel secure enough he hates it so usual I have to use a lap pad or cuddle sack to pick him up.

I can't hold him close to my body. He bites, hard. I normally just scoop him up quickly and put him were he needs to go. I tried giving him veggies while carrying him but he bites my finger instead. After the carrying is done he's fine but while in the air he's a force to be met

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
@Lovecavy13 I don't think I've met or heard of a guinea pig that likes to be picked up haha most people shew them into a cuddle sack and just scoop them up to make it less stressful for them and easier on you. My Penelope LOVES to be held and cuddled but she HATES being picked up. Lol so I use the cuddle sack to get her out unless she just keeps dodging it. You gotta be ninja about it sometimes. :p

Also when I say lap time, it doesn't necessarily have to be on your lap lol I do it laying down and have them on my chest in a cuddle sack... Well Maybelline is in a cuddle sack, Penelope is the weird one that isn't scared of anything as long as I'm holding her and has loved to cuddle and give kisses since the day I got her. Haha but they both like to cuddle around my neck :3 makes me so happy hehe. Also I like to have them really close to my face because Penelope loves to give me kisses on her own (I give her PLENTY of kisses back too :p) and... I love to smother Maybellne with kisses too even though she doesn't exactly love it. lol She does like her head rubbed though so if I go back and forth with my lips and then give a quick soft smooch in between, she doesn't seem to mind too much. Haha

Piggies are adorable furry little things with HUGE personalities, each with their own likes and dislikes. It's so much fun and so cute to watch. :3 I just love them to bits.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I can't hold him close to my body. He bites, hard. I normally just scoop him up quickly and put him were he needs to go. I tried giving him veggies while carrying him but he bites my finger instead. After the carrying is done he's fine but while in the air he's a force to be met

If you haven't already you could try using a towel I had a pig that bit to but if I put a thick towel between him and me he couldn't bite me.even if he tried he'd get a big mouth full of towel. If you don't have a thick towel you could fold one real thick. Or even a cuddle sack he shouldn't be able to bite through. Or you can try the piggy elevator to pick him up.

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
If you haven't already you could try using a towel I had a pig that bit to but if I put a thick towel between him and me he couldn't bite me.even if he tried he'd get a big mouth full of towel. If you don't have a thick towel you could fold one real thick. Or even a cuddle sack he shouldn't be able to bite through. Or you can try the piggy elevator to pick him up.

Oh good idea 0.0 thank you

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.