Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Sweetie Updates

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Sweetie is Margo, I've finally settled on a name that I felt fit her best. For those who are interested, this is a thread to update on how Sweetie is settling into her new Furever Home.

10-13 During their intro, it was nothing but cuddles, cuddles, cuddles. Everyone in the foster home stood around and was in "awh". Towards the end of the intro, they both started to nap. I didn't want to separate them, it was just too freaking cute. The foster said they could go in the same carrier together. Something told me not to, but I did anyhow. Sure enough, just as we merged onto the highway, I her a few squeaks in protest. Pulled over the car and separated the two. The rest of the ride was quiet :)

When we got home, I plopped them into the pen that was already set up and had huge hay pile. I made some minor changes to their cage. Thoroughly cleaned it, the toys, bottles/bowls and added clean bedding. When I was done, Lady, as always, was there to greet me and tell me she is ready to go back into her cage. And surprisingly Sweetie was doing the same thing! It was so cute. I scooped them up, gave them a kiss and put them into their cage.

That evening I noted some butt sniffing, burring and humping from Lady and nose raising from both of them.

10-14 I managed to lure both into a box and gave them both a buddy bath. They were both thrilled! Not! Lady tolerated it, she's had a bath before. Sweetie tried her best to get out of the bath pan. I kept gently putting her back into the pan.

Afterwords, I noted Sweetie burring and humping Lady. I also noted she had claimed the bottom bunk of the bunk beds as hers and she won't let Lady into it and would protest Lady attempting to go in with burring and rumblestruting. Sweetie was hiding for most of the day.

10-15 This day was pretty much the same as the 14th. Except there was no buddy bath. Sweetie has remained hidden for most of the day.

10-16 The 16th was the same as the 14th. Except, during the morning, as I was coming back with one of their bottles Sweetie was lunging at Lady. Not really being a sweetie at all. Lady was jumping/running away from Sweetie's lunges. As I was putting the bottle back into the cage. I noted I had accidentally swapped the pellet dishes when giving them their morning scoop. Knowing that this was the only change in their cage, I immediately swapped the bowls back. There was no more lunging the rest of the day. I guess Sweetie was upset that I swapped her dish with Lady's.(They seem to split the kitchen, Sweetie on the right and Lady on the left). Sweetie remained hidden for most of the day.

10-17 Today seems to be uneventful. Both girls are quiet and are hidden for the most part.

Overall, their interaction with each other is definitely better compared to how Lady and Korra were. Each time the 2 of them passed there was burring, teeth chattering and rumblestruting. These girls are very quiet and friendly when near or passing each other most of the time. With the exception of Lady attempting to go in Sweetie's bunk.

Last edited:

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
Pictures from after their buddy bath

Guineapigpro

Cavy Slave
How wonderful!

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
They look so cute together, hope they settle down into a happy little duo!

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
They look so cute together, hope they settle down into a happy little duo!

Thanks!
I hope they do as well. I'd love to see them snuggling/cuddling together again <3

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
Tonight, Sweetie allowed me to pet her a bit in the cage. She was so cute begging for attention.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
10-18 Sweetie is coming out of hiding a bit more today.
Her and Lady have been pretty quiet, so I *think* they've worked out themselves and have settled down with each other.

janinehunt

Cavy Slave
Those are lovely photos. In the 4th one, Lady looks like she"s storing her carrot for the winter in her chubby cheeks! So cute! And Sweetie really does look like a sweetie.

Hope you see lots of cuddling!

MommaOfFour

Cavy Slave
very cute! =)
what kind of hidey is it that you have for them? it looks super cosy and big enough for two!
my 2 boars have a cuddle cup, a modified budweiser box as an hidey and a pigloo, so plenty things for different preferences but they are worse than little kids... they don't care for one until the other wants to be in it for awhile, then they "argue" verbally or squeeze their big butts in one together lol =/

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
@janinehunt TY :) Yeah, Lady had a mouthful of carrot when I snapped the photo xD

@MommaOfFour The hidy is actually a hidy/bed that was my cat's. She hasn't used it in a long time, so it has become the guinea pigs. It currently isn't in the cage, I used it for floor time. Later on down the road, I maybe adding it to their cage since 3 pigs can easily chill in it. To give you an idea on it's size, my pug can squeeze into it and have a snuggly nap.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
Sweetie has definitely come out of her shell today. She was popcorning and more interactive with me and Lady today.

She managed to "politely" steal the water bottle Lady was drinking from. And when Lady tried to drink from it again Sweetie pushed her away with her paw. Lady gave up and went to the other bottle.

I got to pet Sweetie some more as well. Even gave her a little kiss on her nose and she joyfully hopped around the cage when I kissed her. Hehe

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
Same as yesterday.
Tonight I decided to pick them both up for some "computer cuddles". Sweetie was a little difficult with catching. I expected as much since she knows so little about me and she just settled into life at our home. She gave a squeal whenever I tried to corner her and capture her. After 3 attempts, I finally got her. I gave her to hubby while I captured Lady. As I turned around to go get Lady, she was walking around looking genitally concerned about where Sweetie went to. It was so cute. It melted my heart to see her so concerned for her cage mate. She was never that way with Korra. Always happy whenever I took Korra out.

So here they are, cuddled together on my desk. Sweetie did a coupla sneezes and after the 2nd sneeze I picked her up to sit her on my shoulder to listen for any wheezing or odd breathing. She of course squealed in protest and the whole time Sweetie was sitting on my shoulder, Lady was watching. With soft eyes and that face that made me thing she was concerned for Sweetie. Looking at me as if to say "what....what are you doing? why did you take my BFF?" When I didn't hear anything, I put Sweetie back with Lady to cuddle and she was making these little high pitch chatting noises. Almost as if she was telling Lady what I did, like it was creepy to her. LOL

Anyways, I snapped this pic tonight. It just says to me "I like big butts and I cannot lie!"

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Awww...so happy they are settling down! It reminds me of how Winston is if I take one of his "ladies" out of the cage and they make their scared noises! He just glares at me and stands in the same spot until I put them back. We hate to stress him out like that so we try to bring him out at the same time but when it's nail clipping and ear cleaning time he just has to deal with it. Roger used to STAMP his little feet at me and burr when I took Annabelle out of the cage, he is very protective of her. He finally realized that I always brought her back to him so now it's all good.

CritterSlave

Cavy Slave
Just had to say I showed this pic to my wife and she said "Cute but they look like one broken guinea pig" I could not stop laughing.

Lishar

Cavy Slave
Sorry about the double post, something happened. :/

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
They're both getting along excellently. I did a bedding change today. I haven't put them in yet, I will tonight. Here's some pics from today's floor time

janinehunt

Cavy Slave
Great pics! Love the fluffy Lady buttocks!

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
I put them into their cage, they explored the clean bedding and then went about their normal business like nothing changed. I don't think there is going to be any major activity between these 2. They're so quiet. They sometimes "chat" with each other and of course they go on chorus when the kitchen gate is touched. During this entire weekend, I didn't hear a single burr or squeal from the cage.

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
I sent this picture to the rescue. They were so cute sharing a dish of pellets. There are 2 bowls, but they felt like sharing this one <3

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.