Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Thoughts on GuineaDad fleece liners

halal.jose

Cavy Slave
I currently have all my boys on fleece, specifically GuineaDad fleece liners. I was wondering how everyone elses experience with these liners are so far. So far my experience with these liners are amazing. My piggies and I especially like the pocket that is added for piggies to burrow. I hope I can hear your experience with the liner! If you don't have one and you are looking for a good liner I would recomend checking it out.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Be careful of the pockets. Some pigs have developed chronic respiratory problems from spending too much time in them. If yours do that, you can turn the pockets inside out to prevent it.

SSLee

Cavy Slave
I have had four 2x4 and two 1x2 GuineaDad liners for over two years and in general am happy with them. Even though I follow directions and wash mine in cold water and hang dry, mine have shrunk over time to where there is an approximately 1-1 1/2 inches gap at the end of the 2x4 ones and I use the 1x2 liners to fill in the gap. I believe one can gently stretch the liner while it is still wet but I have not tried that. The end of the liner also happens to be a high traffic area, where I normally will put in an extra pee pad to be switched out every 2 days. Since I have a large number of small liners to fill in the gap, it isn't an issue for me. One of my friends just sewed ten 8" x 16" liners for me when we got together to bake cookies last month. I won't have to buy anymore from Etsy; my friend was surprised at the cost of liners on Etsy.

Regarding the respiratory problems, my piggies do not stay in the pocket long and they like to run in and out of it . Just to be safe, I removed the pocket from two of the liners and use them as additional fill the gap liners (using microfiber towels underneath) at the end. For the other two liners with pockets, I kept them on but flipped them underneath so that they will still be available in the event I want to let the piggies use them.

I've noticed another Etsy seller now includes a pocket in her cage liner design. My biggest issue with the GuineaDad liners is that the grey color is dull.

Last edited:

Guinepigmom_2.0

Cavy Slave
I currently have all my boys on fleece, specifically GuineaDad fleece liners. I was wondering how everyone elses experience with these liners are so far. So far my experience with these liners are amazing. My piggies and I especially like the pocket that is added for piggies to burrow. I hope I can hear your experience with the liner! If you don't have one and you are looking for a good liner I would recomend checking it out.

I've seen alot of people on social media use them as liners in their piggy cages.. it provides softness and comfort.
the pocket though, id watch out like @bpatters said, too much time can develop chronic respiratory problem for them...otherwise its a good fleece liner, just expensive in my opinion its better to buy the fleece fabric at a fabric store and make the liners yourself. given if you have the equipment to sow it and so forth.

hihiduyu

Cavy Slave
Which etsy seller does it too?
I have seen any other ones that makes them like that

SSLee

Cavy Slave
The Etsy seller is PigmomCrafts. She has been selling on Etsy only starting this year with 47 sales, so I'm guessing the idea for the pocket was inspired by the GuineaDad liner. The size of PigmomCrafts' liner is 48"x25" ($65). Anyone know what type of a cage this size liner would fit? I like the GuineaDad bamboo absorbent layer more than the cotton batting layer that PigmomCrafts uses. If I need to buy more liners, I would stick with GuineaDad but wish they would make more colorful liners.

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Cool concept with the hideout but they pee and poo in there so you need to check it often. Why I put away all sleep sacks and igloos. My new baby girl won't have the 2 opening house she's in now once she is fine with Bella.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.