Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Urine Yellow Wee

Black

Cavy Slave
Update:

So I started the veggie free diet on the afternoon of the 27th. In the last 48 hours, Aang has only had 2 small white spots out of all his pees. Zuko on the other hand, has had 15 white spots, most of which were major deposits. To the touch (after dried), there is quite a bit of powder. All they have had since Friday night is Timothy hay, water and pellets. They both seem to be drinking the same amounts and drinking well.

Do I need to do something about this? If so, what?

Not sure if this is related, but Zuko out poops Aang 5 to 1 (yes I counted). Is this a concern?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@Black, keep it up for a few more days -- it takes a little while for the extra calcium to be excreted. Then let us know what you've got.

sarah0712

Cavy Slave
Update from me.

Charlie finished his 3 days of no veg this evening. His wee is exactly the same, still yellow and cloudy. So I've given him some pepper tonight and I'm going to stop his nuggets tonight. He doesn't eat many of these so I don't see how these can cause a problem but we'll see. I'm going to carry on just giving him peppers for the next 3 days and stop the nuggets. Will he be getting enough vitamin C? I'm looking at changing the pellets to oxbow cavy cuisine. They are quite a bit more expensive, but needs must for my lovely piggys!

Black

Cavy Slave
I'm looking at changing the pellets to oxbow cavy cuisine. They are quite a bit more expensive, but needs must for my lovely piggys!

I've decided to do this as well after reading the pellet post.

sarah0712

Cavy Slave
Just a little update. Charlie has been off the nuggets for a few days now and his wee is still yellow. I've got a water filter on the way that I've ordered from ebay. I've also noticed something else. This morning I was keeping a close eye on him because he hadn't pooed for a few hours, and when he did poo, I noticed that the yellow liquid that he gets all over his bed and smells so bad was secreted a little bit. Is this usual for boars? It could be what is making his wee so yellow and strong smelling. The smell on this liquid is gross and I notice it a lot on his fleece

sarah0712

Cavy Slave
Bumping this

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Does the liquid dry to a very hard consistency?

Boars do secrete a very smelly substance that they use to mark their territory, usually when there's another boar involved.

sarah0712

Cavy Slave
Not really no. It seems to dry just like wee does, but a dark browny colour. It certainly is very stinky. It seems to rub off his bum. There isn't anymore boars around but there are sows in the same room

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.