Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Questions About Batting

AllThesePiggies

Cavy Slave
I'm going to be attempting to make my first cuddle cup, cuddle sack, and tunnel this weekend. Where can I buy batting that's cheap? How much would I need for, say, four or five items with just one layer of batting in each? Does it need to be washed first? Will it shrink?

Thanks everyone! I'm really excited to start making my own stuff. :D

Whispers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Batting won't shrink. The amount of layers is personal preference - for the cuddle cups I used two layers. For the tunnel I used a piece of moving blanket quilted between two layers of cotton fabric then covered in fleece. Have a look on you tube there's a few good videos that show how to make them real easily. Post pics once you're done :)

AllThesePiggies

Cavy Slave
Batting won't shrink. The amount of layers is personal preference - for the cuddle cups I used two layers. For the tunnel I used a piece of moving blanket quilted between two layers of cotton fabric then covered in fleece. Have a look on you tube there's a few good videos that show how to make them real easily. Post pics once you're done :)

Okay, awesome! I just bought a package of batting from walmart yesterday along with the fabric, so hopefully I can start working on them this weekend! I will definitely post pictures! :D Thank you!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.