Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage DIY Toys and Hideys?

CinnaAndNutmeg

Cavy Slave
Hi! I was wondering what everyone's favorite Do-it-yourself toys, and especially hideys are, and maybe instructions? I'm in the mood to make something:D I already have made a fleece forest and no-sew pillow:)

LucidCavies

Cavy Slave
I love the piggie bunk bed idea from the cali cavi collective girls!
heres the link:
(broken link removed)

you should really just spend a few minutes of your time scrolling through their site. I love their ideas and pretty much all of them have worked out great for me :)

Guinealea

Cavy Slave
2014-08-20 17.36.30.jpg
the advice of someone else on the forum I made a floating bench out of a folded grid. Mine is a bit different than theirs is, but essentially I just took a piece of foam cushioning cut to the size of the grid and made a removable (therefore washable) pillowcase for it with extra flaps to slide over the side of the grid. I attach it to the cage with fasteners and sometimes a zapstrap if it's wiggling around too much.

When it's in the cage, one pig usually sleeps on it while another sleeps underneath.

I put it in their kitchen recently and Fern has started using it to climb into the hay rack...little monkey!

CinnaAndNutmeg

Cavy Slave
I love the piggie bunk bed idea from the cali cavi collective girls!
heres the link:
(broken link removed)

you should really just spend a few minutes of your time scrolling through their site. I love their ideas and pretty much all of them have worked out great for me :)

I actually have seen that but my grids are pretty big so it takes up a lot of space but I'm going to try and make a smaller one!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.