Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels Levels

Lucille

Cavy Slave
Adopted some piggies, they came with a C&C cage. The family had been keeping them on one level at a time (there are two levels). I want them to use both. They started out last night on the upper level and are on the lower level now but are not exploring the ramp to go back up. I've tried to entice them by putting some yummy greens on the ramp, so far no go.
Should I just give them a few days to settle in? Those of you with 2 level cages, do they move between levels easily?

Tensonstar

Cavy Slave
Ya i had to teach my pigs it was okay to use it, it took them a day or two to be comfortable with it. i jest give the a gentle push down and put them on it to try to make them go back up a couple times and them got the hang of it.

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My pigs took about a week to get used to going up the ramp on their own. like [MENTION=21505]Tensonstar[/MENTION] said, I put them at the bottom at pushed them up (they had no trouble getting down) and they got the hang of it. I'd give um two days or more, pushing them up gently once or twice a day. They'll use it! Mine don't use the upramp too much, but they do use it.

Kritastrophe

Cavy Slave
I got mine used to the ramp by just using my hand to guide them up and down it. Now they run up and down it without any hesitation.

Lucille

Cavy Slave
Thank you for your replies. A couple of them did come up the ramp (there are 4) and I've put a water bottle on the lower level just so they would have water (there is hay too) until they get used to coming up and down.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.