Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sexing Sexing...is my guinea a girl?

808guineas

Cavy Slave
Can anyone help me out?

Attachments

20191226_173156.jpg

Soecara

Cavy Slave
That is 100% a boar.

808guineas

Cavy Slave
That is 100% a boar.

Are you 100%sure
I tried pressing but nothing came out
That lump was just there...above the hole..kinda
Uhhh why does it look like that?
One if my kids gave it to me as a christmas present!!! Ahhh

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Yes I am 100% confident that is indeed a mature male guinea pig. He possesses distinctive testicles and that is obviously the opening of a penis. There is a certain knack for exposing the penis on a boar, it isn't as simple as pressing, its more of a press and then roll your finger down, but unless you have someone who knows what they are doing to show you how it can take some learning. You want to feel for his penis under the skin, it is a firm line as he has a bone in it, find the top of this then press your finger there and roll/slide your finger downwards to push this line out.

The lump above the hole of his anal sack is the opening to his penis, I suppose it is the equivalent to foreskin, that is just how they look on some boars.

Here are some photos of my own of some young guinea pigs, with their genitalia gently parted, showing the difference between boars and sows even before the testicles really develop.

This is a young sow
IMG_3180.jpg

this is a young boar
IMG_3182.jpg

Last edited:

808guineas

Cavy Slave
So I'm gonna guess I accidentally left him with all 3 of my girls that my girls may be pregnant? In the aftermath of their binding I found this white stuff..I'm gonna guess its boar glue
But I dodnt see any in the cage when I left them alone...so uhhh chances are my girls are pregos huh..

Attachments

received_1493408360836001.jpg

Soecara

Cavy Slave
The answer to all of those is potentially yes. Odds are not all of your girls have gone into heat while he has been in with them so he may not have caught them, but you will need to place them all under pregnancy watch. Of course you will need to have him in a completely separate cage so he can not get back in with them again, you may also need to discuss this with your kids so they understand they also can not put him back with the girls. Yes that is boar glue.

808guineas

Cavy Slave
Oh...oh kay!
Well he is now separated
The girls arw in their own space.
Lol also sorry for being confusing.
By kids I mean students...one literally showed up with the boy right before winter break and I was careless and wasnt paying attention and uhh yeah lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.