Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Any Lgbt Guinea Pig Owners?

Mickeys Piggies

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! As a part of the lgbt community myself (Homo-flexible, google it if you dont know what it is) and owning four guinea pigs I was wondering if anyone else was in sort of the same place I was in being a lgbt cavy slave. We could talk about coming out stories or experiences. Or maybe we can take a pledge to come out to our own guinea pigs lol. Personally I actually had some prejudice at a pet store by a beach near me because I was wearing a pride shirt and they refused to help me find something. But I don't shop over there anymore luckily. anyway this can be a place for everyone to just chat and tell stories and such shenanigans.
:crazy:- Micayla

Fay

Cavy Slave
I'm not myself but I'm sure there are others on these forums. You could consider making a group? Although I don't believe they are actively used since they're kind of hidden away:

(broken link removed)

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
*waves* Hi there!! I was actually wondering about this myself but I was too afraid to post a topic about it ;-;

I'm a bi girl myself. I just sort of came to terms with it recently (over the past few months) even though I've sorta known for four years now. I came out to my mom and many of my friends, and everyone's been really supportive so far! It was really, really scary to come out to my mom, but she was cool.

Luckily I haven't experienced any homophobia/biphobia directed at me yet, but I have had to deal with it in passing or from people I'm not out to :( Like, my dad's family are all mega-Christians that don't accept anyone different than them. I'm talking racist, homophobic, xenophobic, you name it. I have to hear all the time about how "gays" are sinful and disgusting. Thanks dad. So yeah, needless to say I'm not out to any of them, and probably never will be. Maybe I'll send them all passive aggressive invitations to my gay wedding if I ever have one.

I actually have a bi flag necklace I made myself that I wear a lot! It's a little jar with a cork in it, and two rows of polymer clay balls in blue, one row in purple, two rows in pink. I might be able to upload a picture if you're interested. It's fun to be able to wear around since I can show my pride without people being rude about it, since most people don't know the bi flag colors.

Anyway, it's awesome to know that other lgbt+ people are on here! I'm happy to chat anytime~

scoottie

Cavy Slave
Yup hey there

pigmommy89

Cavy Slave
@Kenna18155 I'm sorry your Dad's family is that way. Just so you know, true Christianity does not teach hatred, no matter how a person lives. True Christianity is all about love. People who use Christ to justify that kind of bigoted behavior disgust me.

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
@piggymommy89 Yeah, I know. I've done lots of research on the topic and I've discovered that many of the translations people use to justify their bigotry are mistranslated and outdated, so they may mean something else altogether. Additionally, the Bible says that tattoos, shellfish, clothing made of wool and cotton, and lots of other things are abominations, but very few people bother to follow those passages. Unfortunately, the combination of my dad's family using religion to justify their bigotry and my former church preaching hate have driven me away from religion, though.

But yeah, I know that there are tons of great Christians out there, and they're awesome people. I have no problem with people that practice their religion however they please, as long as they don't try to use it as an excuse to be a jerk.

Mortiaryfaerie

Cavy Slave
Me! I'm bi and nonbinary

Pigglet_pose

Cavy Slave
Me! I'm a transguy and pan/bi-sexual ^^

Nikkipig

Cavy Slave
Me as well. I've only come out to two people that I know personally, one of whom isn't even in my life anymore, because everyone else around me (*especially* my family including my parents, and my friends) are very homophobic. :sad:

Mickeys Piggies

Cavy Slave
That's horrible that your dad's family are like that. But that would be savage to send him a wedding invite like that, and you will totally have a wonderful wedding!

Saylavi

Cavy Slave
Bi,
Coming from right outside of Philadelphia most of my friends have been OK with it for my whole life, was lucky enough to be friends with quite a few LGBT people in high school, family eh, now I'm going to college in a little hick town and I'm very struck by how awful an entire community can be.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.