Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Just getting started!

karleydavidson

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone I'm Karley I've wanted a guinea pig for as long as I can remember I just recently turned 18 and decided to get 2 I already have everything they need and have it all set up. Just wondering if any of y'all had any suggestions or tips?! By the way all of your guinea pigs are absolutely beautiful!

Smashley

Cavy Slave
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

My first suggestion is to really do your research, and educate yourself as much as possible. You should find that this forum is extremely helpful, and will give you just about all the information you'll need to give your piggies a happy and healthy life. All you have to do is take the time to search for it, and read through it.

What do you have for supplies? What type of cage do you have, and how big is it? What's your plan as far as feeding is concerned (hay, pellets, and veggies)? Where are you thinking about adopting your future piggies?

Congrats on taking the first step to guinea pig ownership! :)

karleydavidson

Cavy Slave
Hello, and welcome to the forum!

My first suggestion is to really do your research, and educate yourself as much as possible. You should find that this forum is extremely helpful, and will give you just about all the information you'll need to give your piggies a happy and healthy life. All you have to do is take the time to search for it, and read through it.

What do you have for supplies? What type of cage do you have, and how big is it? What's your plan as far as feeding is concerned (hay, pellets, and veggies)? Where are you thinking about adopting your future piggies?

Congrats on taking the first step to guinea pig ownership! :)
I've got a 30x60 cage I've got Timothy hay and bedding also vitamin c supplements nail clippers ect. An I plan to feed them a variety Timothy hay, pellets and fruits and veggies. I'm not sure where I'm gonna adopt one from yet I wanna make sure they're very healthy first!

Lord Pigwidgeon

Cavy Slave
Welcome and congrats! Getting a guinea pig is one of the best things ever. It sounds like you have your bases covered, I'd suggest searching for the guinea pig diet sheet on the forum? It was the best thing for me personally so that I could see what to feed my boys.

What sort of hideys will you have for them? I personally love the fleece ones, they seem to find them the most comfortable. I'd also suggest finding oxbow pellets for their pellet, small dishes that don't tip over, a glass water bottle, and some sort of wooden toy or hidey to chew on.

You can find them on Craigslist for those looking to rehome, shelters, adoption places...the list goes on. There are a couple of threads on this forum that discuss how to pick/find the perfect piggies for you\ones that are healthy.

MrsGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to the forum!
If your 2 guinea pigs are 6 months you should feed them 1/8 cup of pellets and if they're under 6 months they should get unlimited
Another good tip is green bell pepper is full of vitamin c so feeding them this every day could drop out the tablet
That cage might not be adequate size to house 2 guinea pigs. Try and post a picture of it because I could be wrong.

pigger123

Cavy Slave
That cage might not be adequate size to house 2 guinea pigs. Try and post a picture of it because I could be wrong.

She said it was 30x60, I'm assuming she meant inches, so that would be the size of a 2x4 C&C cage. Plenty big for a pair of females, but it might be a little cramped for males.

guineapigman

Cavy Slave
When you say 30x60 do you mean 30cm x 60cm or 30 inches x 60 inches? Other than that you sound like you are well prepared for them :)

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
hello there ;d

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.