Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Help! 80% Polyester 20% Polyamide Microfibre Towels?

Shiramoto

Cavy Gazer
Hello everyone! I'm new to the world of cavies but this website has helped me a lot to understand and care for them better. I would like to request some urgent help to decide if 80%polyester and 20%polyamide makes a good bedding for the piggies? I am intending to adopt one next week and I know that 100% polyester fleece is the best option out there in the market. However, it is hard to find and also expensive where I live at.

Many thanks in advance if you could quickly enlighten me! Thanks!! ^^

lissie

Cavy Slave
You could try it. If the top stays dry and allows the liquid to pass through to the absorbent layer underneath, it will work.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'd get a small piece and see if it wicks, as [MENTION=11509]lissie[/MENTION] suggests. I have some microfiber washcloths that don't wick at all, although I don't know the proportion of polyester to microfiber in them.

Shiramoto

Cavy Gazer
Thanks for the advice! I bought both the 80%Polyester20%Polyamide MFB Towels as well as a 100% Polyester fleece. Will let you know how well it works when I get my first guinea pig next week! :)

Shiramoto

Cavy Gazer
Hello [MENTION=13820]bpatters[/MENTION]

Thank you for sharing your experience! I hope mine works well :)

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Going a little off topic, I noticed you said you are only adopting one piggie. You must get at least 2 guinea pigs if you want to have them as pets. Unless you already have another one at home, you need to adopt 2. Guinea pigs are social animals and should have a buddy living with them. A human nor any other animal can be a replacement of a piggie friend, no matter how much attention we give them. We nor any other species speak the same language as guinea pigs. They feel safer and they are tamer, happier, more active, and healthier when they live in pairs or groups and they can become lonely or even depressed if they don't have the company of another guinea pig. It's actually illegal to own just one guinea pig in Switzerland...

See this link:
https://guinea-pigs.livejournal.com/2982433.html

Last edited:

Shiramoto

Cavy Gazer
Hey CavyTV!

Thanks for pointing out your concerns! I am actually adopting a pair :) The boys have been together since birth and I can't bear to separate them. Therefore have chose to adopt both of them :) I understand that they are also social animals and initially wanted to just adopt one but when I think about how lonely it will be when I'm not at home, I caved in HAHA. And omg, I didn't know it's illegal to own just own GP in Switzerland. They have such a big heart to even come up with that law.

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Hey CavyTV!

Thanks for pointing out your concerns! I am actually adopting a pair :) The boys have been together since birth and I can't bear to separate them. Therefore have chose to adopt both of them :) I understand that they are also social animals and initially wanted to just adopt one but when I think about how lonely it will be when I'm not at home, I caved in HAHA. And omg, I didn't know it's illegal to own just own GP in Switzerland. They have such a big heart to even come up with that law.

Yes... I agree. I wish there was a law like that everywhere :) Too many poor piggies are living all by themselves...

Glad to hear you're adopting both! I'm sure they'll be a wonderful to have around. Guinea pigs sure do put smiles on people's faces! What are you planning on naming the little ones?

Shiramoto

Cavy Gazer
True that! It makes me so sad because they're not like hamsters..

After thinking long and hard, I will be naming them Washi and Waffle!! I hope that doesn't sound weird! xP

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.