Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sad Possibe broken leg?

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone So I've literally just walked into the piggies room and I noticed that Flyn's right foot seemed to be broken or sprained. When I walked up to the boys cage to pet them, they both ran away, and that's when I noticed that Flyn was limping. As he was running to the end of the cage, I saw that only 3 paws were touching the ground as he ran, his right back paw lifted. Of course, after seeing that, I'm extremely worried and scared. A few minutes after I had seen that, I asked my mom if we could get him to the vet as soon as possible. Now, being the non-guinea-pig-person that she is, I was afraid she'd say no. I was right on that; at first she just looked at me with no words to say, then she told me that it might just be temporary and that I should calm down. I find that extremely ridiculous; of course it's not a “temporary” thing! I honestly wish she would care a little more.. Since I can't get Flyn checked out, what should I do? I was thinking of maybe separating their 2X6 cage+2X2 basement and putting Flyn into a divided 2X2 or 2X3 section, for a few weeks maybe, so that his leg would heal faster. Would that help? If you have any suggestions, I would gladly appreciate them.Thanks :)

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
You HAVE to take him to the vet. It can get infected very badly and get much worse. He needs to be seen and x-rayed.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Ditto [MENTION=1]CavySpirit[/MENTION]. How would you like to have a badly sprained or broken leg and no one would take you to the doctor?

He's your responsibility, and medical care is just as much a part of responsible pet ownership as food, water, and a cage.

CavyTV

Cavy Slave
I know. It's just really hard because of my mom. I'll try to ask her again.

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
Until you can get him to the vet, putting him in a smaller section where food and water are close by isn't a bad idea, though. He'll be in less pain if he has to move less. You definitely still have to try to convince your mom, though- maybe ask for it for a Christmas present if you celebrate it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.