Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions New baby guinea pig.... And a one year old guinea pig?

CalypsoJade

Cavy Slave
Okay so just a couple weeks ago I lost one of my guinea pigs (Cassie), and I just adopted another female who is only 8 weeks old. Coco, who I bought last year (first time with a guinea pig), has been slowly getting back to her usual self, but is still so lonely. I got Calypso Jade to introduce to her, but I'm afraid that, being a baby and all, she will get lonely during the quarantine period. So my question is, should I quarantine her still? Or should I just introduce them soon? She has only eaten a little bit of food since I brought her home, and has only gone to the water bottle twice.

pinky

Cavy Slave
Okay so just a couple weeks ago I lost one of my guinea pigs (Cassie), and I just adopted another female who is only 8 weeks old. Coco, who I bought last year (first time with a guinea pig), has been slowly getting back to her usual self, but is still so lonely. I got Calypso Jade to introduce to her, but I'm afraid that, being a baby and all, she will get lonely during the quarantine period. So my question is, should I quarantine her still? Or should I just introduce them soon? She has only eaten a little bit of food since I brought her home, and has only gone to the water bottle twice.

I"d clean the cage and everything in it and introduce them now. Pups usually bond quickly because they're lonely.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.