Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mites Question about piggy mites

elg1692

Cavy Slave
So, based on the wonderful information that I have read on these forums, I have come to the conclusion that my piggie, Albus, has mites. He has scratched the back of his left ear raw. I am ordering Ivermectin "pour on" online for him, but it will be a few days before it gets here. (the only place around here that sells it is Tractor Supply, and it comes in paste form). My question is: In the meantime, is there anything I can do to make him more comfortable? Is there anything I can put on his ear to make it feel better? Neosporin, or something like that?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You could treat him with the stuff from Tractor Supply -- you just have to dilute it like crazy. There are instructions for doing that over at Guinea Lynx. I can't think of anything that you could do for the itching -- the mites will have to be killed for that to ease up.

T_Licious

Cavy Slave
Did you order from Amazon? I did and it came pretty quick.

Aleks

Cavy Slave
Did you order from Amazon? I did and it came pretty quick.
Lucky! I ordered mine from amazon, did the expedited shipping and everything and it still took about 2 weeks to get here.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.